Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum and brand new owner of 2000 Tundra TRD 4X4. 170,000 miles, and has a few things that need to be worked out.

1.The drivers inside doorhandle does not work. From what I was told from the original owner was that the cable that goes from the handle to the lever is broken. Ive heard this is a common problem and does anyone know where to get this cable and possibly the part number.

2.Another thing is the clock is very finicky. Sometimes its frozen and other times its extra extra fast. Anyway I could just reset the clock or unplug and replug it back in?

3. The brakes are pretty soft, and i plan on doing those very soon. The thing that concerns me is that when I press the brake pedal (moving/not moving) it makes a clicking noise. It sounds like its coming from the pedal area/under the dash. Kinda sounds like a switch or electrical.

4.The volume control is very finicky and has to be played with a few times for it to work. Anyway I could replace it or reset it?

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help me with one or 2 of these problems. I would like to do all the repairs myself to keep the cost low as possible. Thank you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am not familiar with the door handle issue. I would pull the interior door panel and have a look. It could be something as simple and cheap as the plastic retaining clip on the door handle has broken. Maybe something you could even fix with a zip tie.

I don't know of anyway to reset the volume control or clock. I guess you could try removing power by pulling and reinstalling fuses. Doubt it will help. You should be able to pick up a pretty cheap double din aftermarket head unit with a clock.

As far as the brakes, I would suggest adjusting the rear drum brakes using the star adjuster. Seems to be a pretty common issue on these trucks not self adjusting leading to long pedal travel. You could also bleed all four wheels and the rear proportioning valve to make sure there is no trapped air. Of course, make sure you have good pads and shoes and properly functioning calipers and brake cylinders.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The interior door panel is pretty easy to pull. You'll need a torx set and a Phillips screwdriver.

Volume control probably isn't going to be something you can fix without replacing the whole radio. Same with the clock, may just have to replace that whole piece, or just unplug it.

Adjusting the rear brakes makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I plan on pulling the door panel off and doing the speakers as one of them is blown. And I'll figure out what's going on with the cable. Read that you can pull the radio out and clean the contacts and will solve the problem. Not sure out accurate that is but I'm gonna try. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts