Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Toyota Land Cruiser pics

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a repost, or if I'm being redundant, but here are some spy pics I dug up of the new 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser (for those who haven't seen them). I believe these are the test mule pics, but I can't guarantee it. From what I understand, this would be them. It could also be the 2008 Lexus LX.

We'll find out soon enough, since the new Lexus LX570 is being officially unveiled at the New York Autoshow in April. Goody goody !!

Hope you enjoy them !

·
Registered
666 Posts
I like it... looks like an over seas model though (no leather, A/T tires, not so yuppy).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too. I like it, especially the interior. I still like the "old" Land Cruiser, lol.

This is likely a Middle Eastern model, because if you look at the plates closely (in green), it looks like arabic writing.

Looking forward to it !

·
Registered
503 Posts
these pics are quite old actually. theres a post somewhere in the forums a few months back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I figured, madmaster. Wasn't sure.

Let's chalk it up as a "blast from the past", and a teaser/reminder for New York !

Enjoy !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for posting them old or not, I had not seen them before and I imagine thats pretty close to what the new LX570 will look like as well. I looked at a Diesel GL last saturday and was not as impressed as I thought I would be, I imagine the new LX570 or the Land Cruiser would be just as nice as the current models are but with a much improved powertrain. The LX470 we had always seemed under powered and drank fuel like no other. This new 5.7 and the new 6 speed should really help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think the Press preview starts tomorrow at the NY auto show. We might be able to get some info as soon as tomorrow night.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the reply cc1999 ! Very exciting ! I'm trying to view the Lexus auto Show now, but nothing. Will keep trying ! (Maybe I missed it).

The GL is a nice product ... really nice. I'm hoping the Lexus/Toyota products will be as hot. They should be.

This should be great !

Thanks guys !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually the pics are up on that link you posted cc...I actually like it a lot. It's nice, plus it has some great technology. Pretty sweet. Hopefully the Toyota will be comparable. This turned out well overall !

I'm watching the Is-F unveiling as we speak ... pretty nice. CC: Is there a way to view the LX570 video...I think I missed it, lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
All I cought was the tail end of the press video. I guess it was a live feed. I think they may put it up to where we can see the whole thing later, I will keep checking it.

As far as rather I like it or not. I am very impressed with the new LX570, and if the last few years of the land cruiser and the LX being clones of one another I think we might be looking at the New land cruiser with the L crest instead of T crest. I think it just moved up to the top of my list for this fall. I am still wanting to see the new Sequoia to see if its getting the new motor and trans as well. A loaded Sequoia might be more in line with what I am willing to pay for a new Full size SUV this fall.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree...very sweet look, and hopefully the Cruiser will be roughly equivalent. With 381 hp, we're good for a while.

Speaking of the Sequoia, I love it and always have. Came close to a purchase a little while back, but passed as the new one was supposed to appear, and it didn't.

Do you have any clue whatsoever about the redesigned Sequoia ? Tons of rumors, etc...but nothing. The local dealer almost gave me 100% assurance it would be here by next winter, but who's to say? Man, I'd love to have some idea, since the Sequoia is also at the top of my list.

Thanks for the updates CC....Keep me posted on the video please. I'd like to see that "Crawl" feature in action.

Later !

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
LX570 pics Autoblog

I like the interior except the smaller whiteface gauges.

I don't like the exterior design of the rear. The rear bumper looks horrible and tailgate/hatch proportions are all wrong.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Love it. Always been a fan of the LC/LX. However, in this day and age, why isn't a single one of the seats fold flat? Though fold flat probably sacrifices some cargo room? Even though I thought sideways folding seats ate up alot of room, these seem to fold fairly nicely against the side.

Any ideas how this will compare off road to the average Toyota SUV? Cause i'm sure SO many people take their 70k dollar SUVs off road...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys,

Thanks for keeping me updated ! Been trying to see that press conference after the fact (since I missed the original one), but it's impossible. Oh well...

I like the truck overall. Lots of new technology, and a fresh look...It's nice and wide, with a European-like interior a-la Range Rover. Pretty sweet. The engine will be current for at least a little while, as will the design. Let's hope the LC will be as sweet.

Speaking of the Sequoia, anyone have ANY news whatsoever? Been looking into either a Sequoia (which I've always loved) and a LC. Tough call, but the Sequoia has a better price point.

Well, let's cross our fingers for the new Sequoia. Been the same for a long long while.

Cheers !

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any news on the 08 LC, I like the spy pics a lot, I really like the quad round headlights better than the LX570 odd shaped head lights. All in all I like top of the line quality, and can handel the price, just really would feal better about pulling up to work in a Toyota rather than a lexus, If the styling is right on with those test mule pics I am definantly interested in the 08' Land Cruiser.

The sequoia is also at the top of my list, just not sure I can wait till 2009.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nothing so far...Trust me, I'm looking , lol. Toyota is good at hiding info..grrr!
I really hope the actual vehicle will be similar to the mules/LX ...that would be wicked. I'll try to post if I see new stuff .

Cheers !

1 - 20 of 33 Posts