Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got a
Alpine INA-W900
and some other stuff to go with it such as the KTP-445 power pack and s type speakers. i also got a remote start for the truck as well....

i have the stock backup cam but i need to know what i need to do to hook it up. the serach engine is down, thats why i am starting this thread. i should have it all installed on fri. thanks for the help

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the remote start is installed and works great. how ever im having problems understanding the volt regulator install for the factory cam.
in this thread... http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/802433-post102/
he said to use two resistors but there are three in the picture. also they are old carbon base resistors, which you cant get any more. souldnt matter but what i need to knwo is what is the wattage of the resistors, they seem to be 1/4w

any way the installer that is doing the setup want to just use a stand alone power supply to make it simple and more relaiable than having that in the dash.
now with that being said can 6v be powered to the cam all the time? the stereo has a reverse wire to triger the screen to come on for the cam.
as far as i know the rev wire is 12v and if it is that can be used to power the stand alone power supply (it is/was somthing that pluged into a cig outlet and out put is 6v)

the stereo also has a rca connection and i did find the info on that here...
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/171217-after-market-back-up-camera-3/

so that being figured out, all should be simple

also the 6" speakers were the wrong ones but that was there mistake, so they tried the 6x9s that had but they wouldnt fit, they were too deep so, because they said they ordered the wrong type and size, there geting a slimmer set and will also throw in a set of components to right the wrong.
not to mention i sat at the shop from 10:00- 17:00 yesterday and the only thing that got gone was the remote install. not really somthing they could help because the stereo didnt show up till 15:00 and the dash kit dint come in as well. so monday they should have all the stuff to do the install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts