Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Folks,

Traded in my Audi for '10 Tundra CrewMax yesterday. Needed more room to haul the four legged kids (pics below) and do some towing, so the Audi had to go. Wife has an '06 that's been great, so we added another one. I love this truck! Went with the 5.7L SR5, TRD, sunroof, XM, cold weather etc in Slate grey. Seat of the pants testing says this thing is every bit as fast in a straight line as my Audi was.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Nice looking truck! Nice looking dogs too!!
Congratulations!!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Nice lookin' truck - congrats & welcome.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Welcome to the CM club

·
Registered
87 Posts
Real nice....love that color!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
That's my truck twin! Congrats man

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome and great truck you got! :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Your seat of the pants testing is absolutely right. Your truck is in the ballpark with plenty of entry and mid level sports sports sedans in a straight line and will do it without seeming like it's breaking a sweat. On paper mine is quicker up through the quarter mile than my fiance's 04 Acura TSX. Hard to find published test results for a Crewmax but I've seen 0-60 in 6.6-6.9 and the quarter mile only a few ticks over 15 flat. Be careful. Once you let it loose it's like crack. You will find yourself taking every single opportunity you can find to charge up on ramps, merge, and then pull away from 70 mph traffic like it's standing still. I sometimes feel like I need a full throttle support group of some kind. Just enjoy the truck and learn to treat 18-19 mpg as an unexpected, pleasant surprise and you will be happy. The only regret I have is I bought it right before I decided to get married so my Corsa Sport Exhaust will be some time in coming and I have to put up with the mediocre factory bridgestone sedan tires on my non-TRD for several more months.

Enjoy

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
797 Posts
congrats and :welcome:
Looks like you bought a Flex Fuel, there goes your chance to supercharge it down the road:angrywife:

Slate is the best color choice:heh:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
congrats and :welcome:
Looks like you bought a Flex Fuel, there goes your chance to supercharge it down the road:angrywife:

Slate is the best color choice:heh:
Rookie mistake on my part! I didn't have any idea that the supercharger wouldn't work on the flexfuel :(. I wasn't planning on sc'ing it any time soon, but would be nice to have the option. Maybe the fellas at TRD will come up with something by the time I'm ready to do it. None-the-less, I love this truck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts