Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these rims on ebay for super-cheap. They were $109/each (w/shipping) ... so $436 to my door. You can find these MST's in black with a polished lip (610's), polished & painted w/polished lip (710's), or all chrome (810's).

These were the 610's, and had the painted center. I decided I didn't like them with the black center, so I took them to a shop & had them "media-blasted" down to the bare-aluminum ($15/each). I then sanded the spokes with progressively lighter paper (220, 400, 600, 800, 1000) and finished with the "Mother's Power Ball" polisher & polishing compound. They turned out pretty good, and I really like the contrast of the polished lip against the rest of the wheel.

These are 20x8.5, with a 30mm offset. The tires are the same 305/50/20 Toyo Proxes S/T I had before, and I'm really happy with the combination. The balanced well & ride very well. I had Discount Tire mount & balance them, and I told them about how Tundra owners have problems with wheel vibrations due to balancing issues... they said they knew about it & did a "lug-centric" balance, or so they said. I still get a very small "vibration" through the steering-wheel at 55-65 mph, but at 70 & above, they're as smooth as stock. Anyhow, here's some pics.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
looks good..no wonder it took u so long to post pics haha. i kinda like the finish...kinda reminds me of satin type finishes on old muscle car type rims....i think the black would have looked out of place on your truck, chrome or this would be a better choice....and this is unique and i like it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
But the wheels look really good.I thought you had gotten the ugly silver/black version when I read your sig haha.I like how theyre pretty unique so nobody is going to have this set around your area

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
That Toyota badge looks reallyyy out of place back there lol.
i think he's been bugged about that before...i think its secretly that he wants a dodge so he copied their logo placement :eek::D

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Those look great, and at a great price!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I must be the only guy in Toyota-land that likes a logo/badge in the center of the tail-gate... Like EVERY OTHER manufacturer out there right now (except GMC). I'd like a nicer emblem than the one I have; I'm actually in the process of finding another or having one custom made. But, I like it so quit making fun of me!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I must be the only guy in Toyota-land that likes a logo/badge in the center of the tail-gate... Like EVERY OTHER manufacturer out there right now (except GMC). I'd like a nicer emblem than the one I have; I'm actually in the process of finding another or having one custom made. But, I like it so quit making fun of me!

If you like where Ford, Chevy, Nissan and Dodge have placed their logo, you should enjoy this link too........

YouTube - Miller Lite Lower Back Tattoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee1NQ2cw2II&feature=related

Is a "Carry-All" next ???? :beatsme:

:beavbutt:

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Popo... what did you do with your old rims?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
POPO, i guess its cause theres nothing tough or cool looking about our sombrero looking toyota emblem...looks OK on a minivan but not on a tundra :) sorry bud, but i think u are alone on this.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

um...popo, do we know if the ram bumper would fit? someone with a welder could do custom brackets....hmmmm....wonder if the width and the ends where it wraps around are similar enough..i know u have been talking about liking them for a while....anyone got one they can measure the width, etc on?

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^ I doubt it would be that easy. If I could make the sport (SAP) bumper work with my stock hitch, I'd get that and do something like what "LastRights" did with his exhaust. OR I'll try to find a used regular bumper somewhere, and have a shop notch the semi-circles; if they do a good-enough job to leave the bumper chrome, that'll work. Otherwise I'll get it painted to match the Pyrite.

I'm really not in a hurry though, since I still can't decide on an exhaust that I really like yet. I know some guys don't like the dual-exhaust setup integrated into the bumper like Dodge just did (above pic) but I think it's Bad-A$$, and I'd like to do the same.

Also, I agree that the small Toyota emblem I have there isn't very "tough" looking... it's not my first choice, but there's not a whole lot out there to choose from. I'm constantly looking, and when I find one I like, you'll all be privy to disclosure.

Popo... what did you do with your old rims?
I had them painted a gun-metal gray... ended up not liking that color against my Pyrite so I sold em.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts