Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
you know, i'm not a big fan on 20"+ wheels on toyota trucks, but damn, i must admit, that looks very nice! it matches the truck perfectly. thats all i can say, wow. :tu: :tu: i personally like to go the other route, 18's w/ 35's or something like that...

CHINKinatundra, i think they are all the same if i'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
very nice. how's it ride? do you know if the bolt pattern and everything is the same from the later 1st-gen Tundras as the early model year Tundras?

The ride is a liitle ruffer than stock, about the same as my wifes 2002 VW Beetle, but I don't really care anyway. As far as fitment, any 1999+ Tundra's have all the same wheel specs as far as I know. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Those look really NICE :D.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
very nice. how's it ride? do you know if the bolt pattern and everything is the same from the later 1st-gen Tundras as the early model year Tundras?
The bolt pattern is the same on all 1st-gen Tundras.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I do not like them at all :td: Way too much flashy bling bling for my tastes and they look out of place on a truck.

Disclaimer: Before anyone flames me, re-read the title of the thread, "New Rims on the Tundra, what you think?"

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks good! Are those wheels chrome or polished?

Tires are a little small but I know it is hard to fit anything bigger without a lift.

Now it needs a little drop. :tu:

·
Registered
919 Posts
I think the rims look good for a street truck, very nice size. The only question I have is why a TRD model on a street truck?

·
I'm just here for the food!
600 Posts
Not too shabby my friend:tu: I also ordered some new "shoes" coming in next week; size 22 also. BTW your truck looks very simple and clean. I like that:) keep up the good work

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:ts: Thanks for all the replies ( good or bad). I know "true" truck guys might not understand the look but I have some winter tires on the factory 17's which I run 7months of the years. So a little flash can't hurt while the streets are dry. The rims have a gunmetal finish, not chrome, so I'm not totally "bling bling". A bigger tire would be nicer (safer) but it just fits soo right with this size.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the rims look good for a street truck, very nice size. The only question I have is why a TRD model on a street truck?
It is the TRD Yamaha edition only released in Canada, similar to the "darrell waltrip" edition. Toyota canada also released a TRD OFFROAd edition with a slightly different look.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like the look. Love the color of the truck too, but I have a bias...

I am in a 4WD and I do work off road so rims and tires like that are not right for my application, but the truck looks stout and tough, not overdone. There is only one thing I would change and that would be the exhaust tip.

Aero Turbine makes a tip I think looks great:

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/aero_tip_st2535.html

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tires are too small, there's too much gap in the wheelwells.
Other than that, it looks pretty nice.
Do you plan on upgrading the brakes?
It's usually a good idea when do a +5 rim change.
Just wondering, how much has it slowed acceleration?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are those the same wheels the XSP package comes with? They look similiar. Anyway's, they look really good. Congrats...:devil:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice look, especially since you have to run the snow tires in the winter, a nice change. Good luck on the gas mileage, just put 18's with 32 tires on mine and lost 3 mpg.:eek: What the heck like the way it looks :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts