Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got me some Yokohama Prada specX in 275/55/20 installed today absolutely no rubbing. Pictures to come when all this rain stops and I can clean my ride up. the tires are on the enkei deep six wheels all stock suspension. So far they are quiet and very smooth riding.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Big_Al1,

so what are the "subtle" differences between your new 275's and your old 295's? weren't your old tires also yokohama's?

which ones do/did you like the best? congrats on the new tires!

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old tires were BF Goodrich KDW, so far I like these they are quiet,don't follow the ruts on the road, and they take the potholes better. Only put about 60 miles so far but will update.I mainly wanted more rubber between the rim and the road and these have almost an inch more sidewall. So they don't ride so rough on the bumpy roads.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I love my Yokohoma's. I'm running 285/50-20 on mine. This is my 3rd set of tires (Yokohoma Prada Spec-X)

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I usually run then at 35psi (Nitro Filled) and get on average 50k miles

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Yokohama tires have been good to me so far. I run AT-S which is far from what you guys have but the quality has won my money. So far I have almost 40k miles and I think I'll get another 20k out of them. I think I'll get another set when these are done. Glad to hear the street tires are good, if I ever go from lifted on 16's to 20's on the street I know I'd look into them.
Points sent for Yoko's.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Big_Al - did you remove the mudflaps? I'm surprised that size tire (31.9" OD) doesn't hit the mud flap as you approach full wheel lock while turning since my 285-50-20's have smaller OD (31.3) and I just barely clear - maybe it's the 10mm reduction in width that is the difference?

JMO

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JMO

Just found out today that they do rub just a tad when I back out my driveway at full turn. They just smug on the mudflap. Not enough to worry about to me. I would rather them rub that smooth mudflap then rub on some metal and gash the tires. Plus the few times I go to full wheel lock I won't lose any sleep over it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also have the 20 enkei deep 6 and am looking for a new tire. I currently have the 295/45/20 and trying to figure out what I want to put on there now. I want more tread between the road and rim plus want a more aggressive pattern to actually use 4wd. Hey BigAl...are the pics you have now showing the new tires and have you noticed any rubbing to be concerned with? I was going to put Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S on it.....any other suggestions?

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also have the 20 enkei deep 6 and am looking for a new tire. I currently have the 295/45/20 and trying to figure out what I want to put on there now. I want more tread between the road and rim plus want a more aggressive pattern to actually use 4wd. Hey BigAl...are the pics you have now showing the new tires and have you noticed any rubbing to be concerned with? I was going to put Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S on it.....any other suggestions?
No the pictures I have are of the 295/45 that are no longer on the truck. The new tire has a diameter of 31.9" overall and I had to remove the mudflaps in order to eliminate the rubbing on the inner flaps it was only minor but I decided to remove them anyway. there is not much room to go taller without getting rubbing.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
keep trying to uploads some picture but keep getting errors.any help.

Get a free photobucket.com account. Load em there and post em up here. :cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts