Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the Toyota brushed stainless boards on last night. Like someone else said, "Very easy install.". All I needed was a ratchet, 6 inch ratchet extension and two metric sockets to get the job done. I think they improve the looks of the Tundra.

Right after I got them on I went for a drive over to the float pond here to check on our airplane.

Another shot.

Hope you like the pics.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Nice! You're right, they look great on the Tundra. I may end up getting a set for mine eventually. Question... Do you actually use them as a step to get in and out?

I like the matching plane too!:tu:

·
Registered
324 Posts
very nice! now just color match the plane, lol.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks awesome!!! I ordered these RB's with my Limited DC, and with the many pictures on this site I don't think I'm going to regret. Now if it would just get here!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! You're right, they look great on the Tundra. I may end up getting a set for mine eventually. Question... Do you actually use them as a step to get in and out?

I like the matching plane too!:tu:
Yes. I believe it will help with the wear and tear on the seats when people get in and out. I had to get some because the wife is only 5 ft 2 inches tall. We also have a handicapped son that needs them. I use them myself to help save the driver's seat. I couldn't believe how easy they were to install. I don't think anyone would regret getting them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Question do they bolt to the frame or the body? I know some aftermarket ones use sheet metal screws to connect to the body. I'm not a big fan of that, so I want to find some that are good and solid and bolt to frame, so they'll act as rock sliders and help protect my side panels in the woods.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Question do they bolt to the frame or the body? I know some aftermarket ones use sheet metal screws to connect to the body. I'm not a big fan of that, so I want to find some that are good and solid and bolt to frame, so they'll act as rock sliders and help protect my side panels in the woods.
These bolt to the frame and are plenty sturdy for stepping in/out of the truck. But don't plan on using them for rock sliders. The metal is pretty thin and have a C channel design with the opening toward the ground. They would fold easily under the weight of the truck. That said, I have them on my truck and think they look great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put the same boards on my truck yesterday. Very easy tokk less than an hour, and would have been faster if I had a power ratchet. I also took my torque wrench and set all the bolts to factory specs which tokk a few extra minutes.
They really dress up the truck, and it will make it much easier for my wife to get in and out of the truck. Got them from trdparts4u.com at a pretty good price (I picked up locally so no shipping).

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Milestogo has the answer. You just remove the bolts from under the truck and put the new ones on and yes they bolt to the frame. I would not think any running boards would be good for serious off roading. For 99.9 pct of us these boards are really good for what we want.:tu:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Put the Toyota brushed stainless boards on last night. Like someone else said, "Very easy install.". All I needed was a ratchet, 6 inch ratchet extension and two metric sockets to get the job done. I think they improve the looks of the Tundra.

Right after I got them on I went for a drive over to the float pond here to check on our airplane.

Another shot.

Hope you like the pics.
are you sure those cones are heavy enough to hold the plane down in a good wind?

·
Registered
764 Posts

Looks like a modified 1950's vintage PA-18 or 18A (custom turtledeck, or maybe that's the flaps extended in this view) with an O-320 or O-360 up front with Alaska Bush Wheels or equivalent on the winter gear. Piper really only ever made two real airplanes, the PA-18 and the PA-24. Nice and legendary bush plane there, Torch:tu::tu:. I think my next aircraft is going to be the new Legend Cub with 6-cyl Jabiru.

·
Registered
41 Posts
:D :D :D Wings on the Tundra. Sounds like an Alaskan documentary film. :D :D
Verrry Clever Grasshopper.....

How do you float the plane without floats?? S/B skis for the winter , Floats for the summer. The ice on the pond looks a little rotten, spring must be just around the corner, frostheaves here we come. Maybe you should put "Wings on the Tundra"

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
are you sure those cones are heavy enough to hold the plane down in a good wind?
Thats to make sure the dayum snow removal people don't hit the tie downs. One time I pulled up to check on the airplane just in time to see a plow truck hit the tail wheel tie down. They paid for the tail wheel to be completely rebuilt.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Verrry Clever Grasshopper.....

How do you float the plane without floats?? S/B skis for the winter , Floats for the summer. The ice on the pond looks a little rotten, spring must be just around the corner, frostheaves here we come. Maybe you should put "Wings on the Tundra"

You can see the toe of one of the floats in one of the pics. They get put on next month when the ice goes out.:D :tu:

·
Registered
585 Posts
How much are those Running Boards? Just got my CrewMax and need to put some sort of step or board on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts