Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just took the plunge on a new '10 black/tan sequoia limited. Have been browsing this site for the last couple of months while I was making up my mind. Learned a lot - wanted to say thanks and also hi. Gonna be the family hauler. Hopefully picking it up this weekend and will post some pictures. :D

I am looking into getting some rims on them and also ordered the color matched grill. So, I will be putting up the oem grill for sale soon and hopefully the oem rims/tires too once I find a set of rims I like.

If anybody is looking for a grill or wheels, PM me.

·
Resident Reefer
259 Posts
Welcome to the boards and congrats!!!

I too use mine to haul my family and that's the main reason why we bought in the first place. Have owned ours for over a year now and completely love it plus my wife loves driving it. I have a limited as well and one of the first mods I did was change out the chrome grille and handles then got the mirror caps painted to match. I just recently got new rims and tires for it and wanted to keep it simple and sort of stock looking but I think my head lights makes it stand out.
Hope you'll enjoy your new ride and it's awesome capabilities.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations! My wife really wanted to go big with a Sequoia, having owned an ’03 4Runner previously but I immediately began enjoying the Big Blue Whale, as my wife and kids refer to it. I have been impressed with the how nicely the Sequoia handles, the tight turning radius, the great torque, the large interior space and I could go on and on. It is easy to take around town and comfortable on road trips. Hope you get as much out of your Limited as we do. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Indeed, congrats. We had the hardest time finding a Limited in our area (central Florida) that we liked. There was always Platinums around but we wanted the bench second row seating. We're lovin' it despite 15 mpg average for the first 5k miles of ownership. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kaela you got any larger pics of your ride I could check out? I'm going with the same size tire on the TRD carved alloys and would like to see how they are going to look.
Also I'm guessing all your flaps are still intact and you have no rubbing even at full lock in both directions?

Thanks in advance

·
Resident Reefer
259 Posts
Kaela you got any larger pics of your ride I could check out? I'm going with the same size tire on the TRD carved alloys and would like to see how they are going to look.
Also I'm guessing all your flaps are still intact and you have no rubbing even at full lock in both directions?

Thanks in advance
Good choice on the carved rims! What brand tires are you considering?

If you click on "my Sequoia" sig it will direct you to some pics if you haven't done so already, otherwise I can post up more. All flaps are intact and I have no rubbing issues what so ever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Going with grabber HTS's, I'm real anal about offsets and backspacing and I like the starkness of the wheel, it was a nice suprise when I measured them and they are an honest 9 inches wide.
I looked at those photos on the link but they are really small and cant be enlarged, I'd love to see a direct side shot to see how they sit in there if you have one.

edit: I did enlarge the 2 that could be and the 3/4 angle shot was good

·
Resident Reefer
259 Posts
sxpi55, sorry for hijacking your thread. Any pix of the hauler?

Going with grabber HTS's, I'm real anal about offsets and backspacing and I like the starkness of the wheel, it was a nice suprise when I measured them and they are an honest 9 inches wide.
I looked at those photos on the link but they are really small and cant be enlarged, I'd love to see a direct side shot to see how they sit in there if you have one.

edit: I did enlarge the 2 that could be and the 3/4 angle shot was good
Right on, had to jump on my other mbp but here you go.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts