Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple things off of ebay that came in today and I thought I would share my results.

First thing is a new shifter knob that I got that is out of a Tacoma. It looks like the one that was on my wife's camry too. I thought that it might not sit deep enough on there but I think it turned out great. I got it shipped for $23.xx, so well worth it to me.

The next thing I got was this really cool thing called an anycom fipo. Basically, I got one of those charging boards and adapters for my iphone so every time I wanted to hook my phone up in the truck I had to take the case off. Poking around the internet I found this thing. Basically if you have a powered 30 pin ipod cord in your truck that plays through the radio you can hook this thing up to it and then it will play your music via bluetooth. You can keep the bluetooth connection for phone too. I do have to control the music via the iphone rather than the stereo which I usually do. The quality of sound isn't as good as just hooking the phone up to the cord but it's good enough for most of the driving around I do. If I'm in the music mood I can just hook the iphone straight up to the cord. You can use this on any ipod dock so I can use it in my house also. I can walk around the house and still have my phone on me while the music plays in another room. I'll post a link to avic411 forum, where you can find out more about it and a link to one like I got on ebay. They are only about $20 so worth a shot.

I probably did a terrible job of explaining it so here are the links with info. If anyone has a pioneer avic unit read the avic 411 thread to figure out how to configure the headunit.

New A2DP workaround? - AVIC411.com

NEW A2DP ANYCOM FIPO BLUETOOTH ADAPTER AUDIO RECEIVER - eBay (item 190398926219 end time Jan-16-11 19:14:42 PST)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my wife's 2010 4Runner has it built in, but I didn't think about that. It also works at the house on ipod docks so I thought it would be worth sharing. I have an aftermarket stereo and it works great with the phone plugged up directly but I thought for $20 this thing was very cool.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i put my phone up to my ear and talk....and use the music that comes over the air (FM or Sirius)....anyone else do that still? :)
I do mostly listen to sirius, but now that I've had bluetooth for the phone I would never want to do without it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.