Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lifer - Moving Forward --->
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there was discussion on this before, not sure where though. I got my new snows (245/55/R19) mounted on the spare set of wheels I purchased today and just had regular valve stems installed on them and no TPMS pucks installed. I found out the following. I have a Hybrid Limited and went into the small screen set up mode (hold dsp button) and reset the tire presure monitor to off. I have no warning lights or error messages coming up... this is great news for those worried about the light staying on.
:happy:

·
Lifer - Moving Forward --->
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know there was discussion on this before, not sure where though. I got my new snows (245/55/R19) mounted on the spare set of wheels I purchased today and just had regular valve stems installed on them and no TPMS pucks installed. I found out the following. I have a Hybrid Limited and went into the small screen set up mode (hold dsp button) and reset the tire presure monitor to off. I have no warning lights or error messages coming up... this is great news for those worried about the light staying on.
:happy:

UPDATE: on a trip today (longer then a 20 min drive) the dreded light came on and the have your dealer check the TPMS note came up. Here I thought Toyota was smart enough to put a bypass in.... :mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts