Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new 2010 SR5 this past weekend and stumbled onto this forum. My last car was an 02 Acura TL Type S that I owned for almost 9 years and I used to read and learn a lot about at Acurazine.com and I'm looking forward to reading and posting here.

I've always loved the way the Sequoia's looked and I owned a 95 4Runner prior to the Acura which had way less problems than the TL! My TL's tranny died at the Toyota dealership which made me take the leap quicker than I wanted. I don't really tow anything, but my wife and I are about to start a family so I got a head start on the baby mobile :).

Anyhow, I think I got an okay deal - I paid 41k drive out (tax, tag, title, etc.) for the 4x2. It also came with tinted windows, hood protector, floor mats, and I got them to throw in an upgraded rear view mirror with homelink (I don't like have a garage door opener on the visor).

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I just picked up a new 2010 SR5 this past weekend and stumbled onto this forum. My last car was an 02 Acura TL Type S that I owned for almost 9 years and I used to read and learn a lot about at Acurazine.com and I'm looking forward to reading and posting here.

I've always loved the way the Sequoia's looked and I owned a 95 4Runner prior to the Acura which had way less problems than the TL! My TL's tranny died at the Toyota dealership which made me take the leap quicker than I wanted. I don't really tow anything, but my wife and I are about to start a family so I got a head start on the baby mobile :).

Anyhow, I think I got an okay deal - I paid 41k drive out (tax, tag, title, etc.) for the 4x2. It also came with tinted windows, hood protector, floor mats, and I got them to throw in an upgraded rear view mirror with homelink (I don't like have a garage door opener on the visor).
Welcome to the Sequoia subforum. I also purchased a Sequoia for our upcoming arrival which is 5 months and counting. A lot of answers on the forum can be found by using the search feature but if you're not able to find please ask. Again, welcome
:welcome:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congrats and welcome!
I went from a much smaller sports coupe to my Sequoia, too! You won't be disappointed, believe me!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone. I was thinking about starting a new thread about gas mileage, but I figure everyone's tired of talking about it. However, I do have one comment that I'm averaging about 15mpg and overall I'm pretty impressed. From 1997-2001 I owned a 95 4runner 4X4 (which happened to have the same color combo as my Sequoia - black/tan). The gas mileage was really not that much better on the old 4Runner. Considering how massive the Sequoia is compared to that 4Runner and that that engine was a 3.0L V6 with 150 hp... not bad at all. I remember one tank averaging about 13 mpg on that weak slow engine. I didn't care that much then as gas was only about $1.25/gal but I just wanted to say Toyota has come a long way in terms of raising the bar.

·
Registered
70 Posts
welcome ! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts