Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Yeah, go get some rubbing alcohol and try that. Otherwise use Goo-b-Gone. Works great. Of course you could put them back on. And while I'm giving you my years of knowledge for no charge, you could use some more chrome on it. :-D Chrome would look good on that color truck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Unique truck with the black fender flares! I like different when it comes to our trucks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unique truck with the black fender flares! I like different when it comes to our trucks!
yeah i wanted to do somethin different, especially for the trucks around my town

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thats not typically a color that I would think black accents would look good on, but it actually looks perfect, it ties everything together. Very nicely done bro!!! Do you have any plans for the chrome bumpers or are you going to leave them?

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
those rims look sweet on there. any rubbing issues with 325 wide tires?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
yeah i wanted to do somethin different, especially for the trucks around my town
Thats not typically a color that I would think black accents would look good on, but it actually looks perfect, it ties everything together. Very nicely done bro!!! Do you have any plans for the chrome bumpers or are you going to leave them?
Alright men, looks like both of you should do the BHLM! Your trucks look awesome with the smoked tails and other black accents and wheels. You guys have done it right! In a way, I wish that I would have gone with black wheels; we will see what the future holds like perhaps powdercoat painting my 22s black, who knows........

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my shop i usually get my stuff done through said they can paint them for 500 front and rear but i was think about gettin some fab fours or maybe ranch hands, still undecided though

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Those n-fabs look perfect on your truck! Those are still on my to do list. I'm jumping on the bandwagon too I think that the flares look great too.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
my shop i usually get my stuff done through said they can paint them for 500 front and rear but i was think about gettin some fab fours or maybe ranch hands, still undecided though
dont paint em. powdercoat them. 007_tundra on here had his frt one powdercoated to match his superwhite and it was 125 bucks. cheaper than painting and will hold up better.

it was my old chrome bumper that had some scratches but they just sanded it down, powdercoated it and it looks great i'd say.

duh..just thought about what color ur truck is. dont know if they can match it....but black would look cool...

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
What's the exhaust setup... just straight pipes? Sounds good, whatever it is. What's it sound like at different speeds?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont paint em. powdercoat them. 007_tundra on here had his frt one powdercoated to match his superwhite and it was 125 bucks. cheaper than painting and will hold up better.

it was my old chrome bumper that had some scratches but they just sanded it down, powdercoated it and it looks great i'd say.

duh..just thought about what color ur truck is. dont know if they can match it....but black would look cool...
yeah i think i want black, think it would help clean up the look

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's the exhaust setup... just straight pipes? Sounds good, whatever it is. What's it sound like at different speeds?
yeah i just cut the muffler off, it sounds ok at highway speeds and when i get on it it sounds like a beast, it was a free mod until i get a muffler

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
yeah i think i want black, think it would help clean up the look

I wonder how well they can match up Slate Metallic? Anyone on here with this color match Line-Xtra?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How loud is your Tundra without the muffler?
it is loud, its to loud for my likin really but i wanted this truck makin some noise until i get around to a exhaust, when ur cruisin around town its not to bad but on the highway thats a deifferent story

·
Registered
590 Posts
it is loud, its to loud for my likin really but i wanted this truck makin some noise until i get around to a exhaust, when ur cruisin around town its not to bad but on the highway thats a deifferent story
I can't make up my mind. I run 2 Super 44 Off Road Series Flowmasters with the rear cat delete and x pipes so it doesn't crackle and pop at all. It's very loud. I had 2 Cherry Bomb glasspacks which was loud but now I heard your video on youtube and I love the sound. Does you crackle and pop?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts