Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not posted in awhile so id figure id tell yall what ive been up to. I got my exhaust finally done with dual flowmasters, afe intake also and this past week i got a body lift installed.

Here is a exhaust clip and ill have some pics up here in a bit
YouTube - flowmaster tundra

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats. I have a flowmaster on my truck too and I love it.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Cool .

·
Registered
133 Posts
how are you guys putting exhaust on your trucks? when i took mine in to get exhaust they hoisted it, said and showed me 5 cats on it and refused to touch it for chance of voiding warranty....well when i was getting a new pedal at dealer Friday ask the guy who sold me the truck, honest guy, and doesn't bs me and he said yeah they are screwy and you pretty much have to stick with trd products

no muffler/exhaust dealer around me will touch it because if something happens and it voids my warranty and messes something up emissions wise it can go back on them and they lose their license. 3 shops told me same thing

·
Registered
819 Posts
There are only 4 cats at the front. The thing in the rear is a resonator.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
how are you guys putting exhaust on your trucks? when i took mine in to get exhaust they hoisted it, said and showed me 5 cats on it and refused to touch it for chance of voiding warranty....well when i was getting a new pedal at dealer Friday ask the guy who sold me the truck, honest guy, and doesn't bs me and he said yeah they are screwy and you pretty much have to stick with trd products

no muffler/exhaust dealer around me will touch it because if something happens and it voids my warranty and messes something up emissions wise it can go back on them and they lose their license. 3 shops told me same thing
This sounds crazy! There are cat backs that are systems designed specifically for this truck. Gibson, borla, corsa and magnaflow just to name a few. The bolt right up...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

u must have the worst exhaust shops and dealer around.

as long as u dont touch the cats, u arent going to mess anything up. back where the stock muffler is is fair game...just cut it off and weld new pipes and mufflers in it....aint gonna affect nothin emissions wise. or get a bolt on kit already made as mentioned above and u'r set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts