Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I broke down and got some Bilstiens and new tires ....I had 135,000 on the shocks........with the new shocks and tires my truck rides like it ought to......they are stiffer than oem shocks but I like them ALOT it feels as if the truck should have come with these on it.........they are so much more firmer ....I had to adjust my BPV , as my truck does not lean at all when I come to a stop......had to move it 3/4 of an inch to get them right.........
Oh and the truck feels higher too.......I should have measured before and after.......
Tires are michelin LTX 265-70-16............I gave my old tire to a friend at church that really needed them, they still had 25,000 miles left on them........and he is happy , as we could both see the air in his tires............

·
Registered
819 Posts
Outstanding!

I got new shocks, the Bilstein H/D at around 70,000 miles as the stock TRD shocks had a bit too much rebounding going on with the 6,000 lb boat I was towing. I like the stiffer, better controlled ride I've been having with over 30,000 miles on the shocks now.

I also got LTX M/S at around 53,000 miles as I now have 102,800 on the truck. Next tires I'll get will be the LTX M/S II's as I love the LTX's. I have at least 10,000 miles to go before I'll need new tires, maybe the fall of 2011.

Good deal on getting it all done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts