Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my new tires as well as a couple other goodies.

Tires are Toyo Open Country M/T 33x12.5x18
-I have the KMC Monsters with thirty something offset and 1.5" spacers and I have no rubbing, I am very happy with the wide look and the fact that they don't rub.

Headlights are from ebay, I'm still waiting for my new HID bulbs. My old H11 HID's will not work with the new lights because they require H1's. I know some of you think they are a little "rice like" but with the smoked look and the led's and projectors inside I really like them.

My wife got me the Loadlifter air bag set up for xmas so I had my shop throw those on as well. I need to get my trailer hooked up to really test them out.

Just from the drive home with the new tires I can tell they are a little stiffer and louder then my old BFG's (which I expected). Once I get out on the freeway I will be able to see how much louder they really are. With a fresh alignment and new tires my truck drives like new again. :tu:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Those new tires look great! I'm going to get some kind of MT's next time around too I think.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Looks solid. I love those Toyo MTs.

Did you happen to look at the 285/75/18s or did you think they were too narrow? (I"m pretty sure they're making that size soon in the MT)

-rockstate

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks solid. I love those Toyo MTs.

Did you happen to look at the 285/75/18s or did you think they were too narrow? (I"m pretty sure they're making that size soon in the MT)

-rockstate
I was between these and the 285/70/18's. With the spacers I thought the narrower tire might look too spaced out and not enough tire on the inside portion(if that makes sense?) With the width of the 12.5's they go with the spacers and overall wide look like I wanted.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I was between these and the 285/70/18's. With the spacers I thought the narrower tire might look too spaced out and not enough tire on the inside portion(if that makes sense?) With the width of the 12.5's they go with the spacers and overall wide look like I wanted.
Yeah they do look pretty solid. And yeah my bad on the size. I thought they were a hair smaller than the 35" cookie cutters. Although, I'm not sure 10mm between what I have the Toyos would have been a big difference... but over an inch, surely.

It does look good with those 12.5s on there.

My buddy has a set of 305/70/16s on his 3" BL Silverado and they sit almost 1.5" or 2" smaller than mine do but are considerably wider.

-rockstate

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Looks great man... better hurry up with some Fender-Flares before you wreck the paint :eek:

And, I really like the headlights, don't think they look "ricer" at all. The fit & finish looks pretty good too. How much did they set ya back?

·
Registered
74 Posts
what headlights are those?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did you tint the rear lights?
I used an RC car tint spray from the local hobby store then clear coat over that. I still need to polish them up a bit to make them shine more.

Man that looks sweet as heck!!! You by chance going to sell your stock lights? If so PM me with price and pics.
I'll let you know if I do. I may hang on to them for now. I did the BHLM recently but after terrible rain here in San Diego (10in in 4 days) there was condensation in one of the lights. That is what prompted me to buy these new ones. So when I have time I will clean and re-seal them.

Looks great man... better hurry up with some Fender-Flares before you wreck the paint :eek:

And, I really like the headlights, don't think they look "ricer" at all. The fit & finish looks pretty good too. How much did they set ya back?
what headlights are those?
The headlights were $200 shipped. I got them here:

07-10 TUNDRA SEQUOIA HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS SMOKE - eBay (item 130466634137 end time Dec-21-10 08:59:09 PST)

They fit real nice and have a nice even cutoff line. The bulbs it came with are pretty dim which I expected but once I have the HID's they should be perfect.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Truck looks great man, i kind of like those headlights also. Those tires are sweet, that will be my next set also.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Headlights are from ebay, I'm still waiting for my new HID bulbs. My old H11 HID's will not work with the new lights because they require H1's. I know some of you think they are a little "rice like" but with the smoked look and the led's and projectors inside I really like them.

those are good looking headlights, how are they compared to the OEM at night?

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Good looking truck. How much air do you run in the bags without a load?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice looking truck. Do you get any rub on those tires? I am running 325/65/18 and get some rub on the sway bar, and the alignment shops never seem to be able to get alignment. Does Toyo have a non mudder in same size?

Thank you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
looks great bud,

i used to have the monsters on my tacoma, and i did something you may like,

i took a piece of 1/4 plexi and made new center caps, i took the fake allen bolts out and place them like this and used the 2 real bolts and added them in sequence,

i think it made the rims look insane, and it was one off, one other guy did this on the tacoma forum with a street sign lying around his home and painted it, thought i would share

·
Registered
424 Posts
rivalrider! That truck looks like it could reach out and ***** slap someone! :devil: Love the choice on the Toyo Open Country tires! I will end up getting Toyo's when my BFG's go tits up. Headlights are pretty sick too. Points sent! Hmmm. scratch the points. Turns out I have already given you some in the past. HA!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts