Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok its about time for me to get new tires. i got about 22k miles off the eom tires. i was thinking about getting a new set that are aggressive and the biggest without lifting.
i do very little towing, when i do tow its about 5k pounds. i do very little off-roading, i do live on an unpaved road though, its about 4 miles long and when it rain, the road tends to be very muddy. its mostly for highway driving.with that being said, its an 09 dc4x4 oem tires are 255/70/18. any suggestion? thanks guys. oh if you got pix of your ride with those tires without the lift would be very helpful!:ts:

·
Registered
819 Posts
I can not believe you only got 22K out of your stockers. I would recommend BF All terrains, that is what I had on my dakota and are going on the tundra here in a few months. Just waiting for $$$ and wear out the stockers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
How did you kill your tires in 22k miles?.. I ask because I cant get myself to drop 1.2 k on tires while the OEM are still serviceable. You Sir are a bastion of willpower for having been able to wait 22k miles.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
275/70/18 or 285/65/18 Toyo Open Country ATs...do it.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
There are lots of options. I have the 275 70 18's with no lift and no modifications. I think you can also get away with 285 65 18's with no lift and no modifications. From what I have read, I think you can also do 305 65 18's but will have to modify the skid plate??? Multiple options for tires including the BFG All Terrains, Cooper Zeon LTZ, Nittos, General Tire, Master Craft Coursers, Kumho All Terrains and multiple others.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How did you kill your tires in 22k miles?.. I ask because I cant get myself to drop 1.2 k on tires while the OEM are still serviceable. You Sir are a bastion of willpower for having been able to wait 22k miles.
ohh trust me, ive been waiting since i first bought it. at the time it was do i need it or do i want it...now its i need it...just so i dont have to hear crap from the wife. :beatsme:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
You'll be fine with the 285/65/18s.

Here's a pic of my truck,

Before lift:

After:

And, a less flattering pic,

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are lots of options. I have the 275 70 18's with no lift and no modifications. I think you can also get away with 285 65 18's with no lift and no modifications. From what I have read, I think you can also do 305 65 18's but will have to modify the skid plate??? Multiple options for tires including the BFG All Terrains, Cooper Zeon LTZ, Nittos, General Tire, Master Craft Coursers, Kumho All Terrains and multiple others.
im liking the cooper zeon ltz 275/70/18.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts