Toyota Tundra Forums banner

New Tires

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Hugemoose 
#1 ·
I know alot of people probally ask this but which tire is my bang for my buck. My dad put Pirelli Scorpion on his truck i love them but they are a lot of money anyone put differ tires on running 275's and see that it runs smooth and quite?

Thanks

#2 ·
i'm running the pro-comp 285/75/16 all terrains and i have to say they are probably the BEST all terrain i've had! they're quite, look good and have a 50,000 mile warrenty. that warrenty even covers if your out on the trail and tear one up! how many tire companies will do that?

#4 ·
It's a huge tossup and you can ask 50 different people and probably get at least 35 different answers! I have Nitto Terra Grappler A/T and there is some noise, not to loud, but some. As far as ride goes, I'm not very pleased and would not buy again. If you want to know how they look, just look at my pics.

#5 ·
Michelins are going to give you the best ride, in my opinion. But you'll pay for it. LTX MS. I have run the Goodyear fortera's, but I sold them when I bought new rims. They were a good tire too, little heavy, felt I lost some breaking power with the Goodyears. BFG's AT's I found rode rough, unless I droped the presure to 30 lbs:rolleyes: , and then I lost some handeling in the corners.

That has been my experience.

Definetly go with the 275 size!!!

#8 ·
i'm running the pro-comp 285/75/16 all terrains and i have to say they are probably the BEST all terrain i've had! they're quite, look good and have a 50,000 mile warrenty. that warrenty even covers if your out on the trail and tear one up! how many tire companies will do that?
Hi. I have an 04 A-cab with 245/75/16 and I was looking for new tires to give my truck a more meaner look. I was wondering if you could post some pics of your truck so I could see what that size tire looks like. I won't need AT tires, but is there any problem with just getting wider tires with the same wheel size?

#12 ·
I purchased a set of Yokohama 275s for my 05 AC. I really like the way they ride with the TRD offroad package. Much, much better in the rain that the BFG Rugged Trails. I bought them at NTB as they matched Tire Rack prices. I also bought a set for my wife's Lexus GX470 about a year ago and they are doing very well.

#13 ·
Hi. I have an 04 A-cab with 245/75/16 and I was looking for new tires to give my truck a more meaner look. I was wondering if you could post some pics of your truck so I could see what that size tire looks like. I won't need AT tires, but is there any problem with just getting wider tires with the same wheel size?

check out my gallery!!!

Attachments

#16 ·
BaW those are some HUGE pics!!!!!

Could you get any profile and from the back shots? Thanks! I'm thinking about getting these for summer: General Grabber UHP

These should look nice in a 275/70R16 :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.