Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2008 Tundra SR5 double cab. I have the toyota warranty on it. I want to lift it and put bigger tires on it. I also want to do any other mods that will improve like cold air intake and exhaust. I want to know what the best bang for my buck is also without voiding my warranty. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

·
Registered
859 Posts
Well, depends on what engine you got. If you got a 5.7, then a super charger is around 55-60 bucks per HP gain I think. Fitted by toyota, it leaves your warranty intact. Not sure of exact pricing with fitting, but 6500-7000 is probably in the ballpark.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Now, if you want something a little more reasonable, something that allows better use of existingpoer is always good. A lot of people on here speak highly of the TRD sway bar for better handling. And they like the Cold Air Intake too for a little bit more power. Don't know if it gives all that much though.

Edit: i see Salsamax beat me to the swaybar!!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I have the 5.7 and don't want to change anything other than maybe add the swaybar and level the front end.

Enjoy it no matter which way you go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have the 5.7. And I do want to lift it but haven't decided on what kind or how much. I want a little more clearance but am not looking for anything huge.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
After you do the sway bar --

Get the low-range off-road 3/1 lift kit....

Get a Borla dual side exit exhaust......

Do the tailgate auto-lock DIY....

Get VLEDS for every light socket you have and put them where you want more light (door handles and rear seat lighting)

Keep the CAI for later....

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
look around here...lots and lots of discussions on that. PS theres no quad cabs....we aint dodge. :) its either a double cab or crewmax. :)

anyway, familiarize urself with the magnuson moss warranty act that applies to any and all warranties and u'll see that if the product or modification you install causes the failure then its not covered. otherwise u are fine. so, yeah if u modify your suspension they have to prove that the lift caused whatever to break. so...u might void a warrantable repair on a strut if u put a strut spacer on it..but if the rear end goes out they cant blame it on a lift for the front end, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts