Toyota Tundra Forums banner

New to me tundra need some help.

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  AVService 
#1 ·
I bought myself a sweet 2013 tundra, now it came with leather seats , what appear to be factory fender flares and 20” gunmetal BBS wheels, no touch screen stereo or gps, back up camera. Now all my paperwork says it’s just a tundra, of yeah the 5.7l v8 is in it too, 2wd, I’m curios if these flares and rims were actually factory equipped of it some one modified it previously. There are no badges other than Toyota, tundra, and 5.7l v8. Does anyone have anymore info on a perticilar package this may have been, or maybe the previous owner did it all? I bought it from car max so I really have no info from previous owner.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

See less See more
#3 ·
Good chance your truck was done through SET, Southeast Toyota distributors. They buy stuff from Toyota, and mod it to their liking then sell it. Good chance yours was some what base model which they then tricked out.

Reactions: Jonesy
#4 ·
Good chance your truck was done through SET, Southeast Toyota distributors. They buy stuff from Toyota, and mod it to their liking then sell it. Good chance yours was some what base model which they then tricked out.

Thanks! I see around town a lot of trucks with the same flares but different wheels, has an sr5 badge on them, but everyone I see has different wheels. Been looking but can’t really find any packages other then, tundra,limited,and platinum. Either way I’m very happy with my purchase, what a monster!! I filled my tank yesterday 385 before I filled up 20.5 gallons!! Which by my calculations is 18.7 mpg!!! In my head I figured it was around 13, reset trip will know again my the end of the week. But also these BBS wheels I see on a lot of tundras online, popular rim style? Or was it a factory option, iv read a few classified for them for sale stating they are factory installed? They do have tons sensors in them.

#5 ·
Given the pictures you posted and your name I'm guessing you are in Florida which would make sense you have an SET tundra. I dont know how you could confirm that but there's probably a way. If it is then most likely it went through SET and they put those rims on it. They could have also done the flares but could also have been done by the previous owner. People throw around the word "factory" a lot and most times they are wrong. I work at a Toyota factory so I can tell we dont do that many mods in the plant. Its not cost effective, time consuming etc. Factory installed options can be things like mudguards, roof racks, side moldings etc. but even then the car is assembled on the line then goes off to the side to have those options put on. I do know that Toyota does now offer factory applied spray in bed liner but not sure what else they do at that plant as far as options after its built.

Reactions: TundraBlackFL
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.