Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry...dont have pics yet...I got some KMC XD series Balck Addict wheels with 285/70/17 tires on them. They were shipped mounted and balanced, but they put the white letters out ( i requested them in). I have a dark green tundra and now the black wheels...should i get them switched? So i guess my question is white letters on tires in or out?:ts:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put blackwall out on everything I own. I'm not big on being a rolling billboard for whatever tire I am running at the moment. Besides, I go for the minimalist look. I try to be inconspicuous and not draw too much attention to myself.

·
Professional Driver
501 Posts
I ordered a set on the internet a while ago and had one that was not balanced right, so they paid for me to go to local shop and get it re-balanced. So, if you requested them in, call them up and see if you can have a local shop change them over rather than ship them back.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With black rims it will look goofy with the white letters out. I've made that mistake before. Who sent you the wheels/tires? Can you have them re-mount them?
I got them from National Tire and Wheel out of Wheeling WV. The parts guy at my dealership probably didnt tell them to put black out. I took them to National Tire and Battery and got them switched. I gave a buddy of mine an oil change kit for his YFZ450 yamaha, and he flopped them and rebalanced! Nice to have friends. I agree with all of you, Black out is the best. Thanks guys

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
black out :tu:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got my leveling kit and wheels on....i love this frickin truck:bounce:. I put black out...Im going to take all the badging off of the sides and tailgate. I also pulled the front toyota symbol off the grill and i am going to paint it black. With the dark green and blacked out windows and badging, I feel like it looks cool. sorry i have no pics...i spent all my damn money on mods and my old digital camera has gone missin. lol. i will get pics soon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts