Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used TRD sway bar off craigslist fo$120. He said that he just listed it 5 mins before I emailed. He wanted $150, but I got it for less :D. I can not wait to go out and see what this sway bar can do! He also got some add a leafs at his brothers, any one interested? He will give me more details soon about who makes them.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Start looking for new tires. This sway bar does a very good job keeping the truck level on curves and turns. Your tires will suffer if you don't slow down.:D Particularly the front tires. I don't recommend it for off road. It limits rear axle articulation a lot. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Congrats on the BEST mod that can be done to our trucks!!! You will LOVE it!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont go offroading, I got a 2 wheeler. I also dont want to tear it up like I did to my little dakota. I took that off roading about 2 weeks after I got it and scratched the hell out of it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Nice find and you will wonder how you went this long without one!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used the DIY by RONE and it was pretty easy. I kept looking for the bolt to remove and did not have it. I dont have a hitch. I also installed it in one piece, would have been easier to take it apart. It only took about 45 mins anyway. I drove it and it is going to take some getting used to it, no more extreme body roll in turns.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
I used the DIY by RONE and it was pretty easy. I kept looking for the bolt to remove and did not have it. I dont have a hitch. I also installed it in one piece, would have been easier to take it apart. It only took about 45 mins anyway. I drove it and it is going to take some getting used to it, no more extreme body roll in turns.
I kept looking for the nut that was already on the frame. I even went to hardware stores looking for it. Then I re-read the instructions and realized it was on the frame. Seriously the best mod ever!! BTW...Rone's DIY was off the chains!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
+2 for Craigslist South Florida!

I also got mine off craigslist about two weeks ago. $130. Awesome condition!

·
Registered
97 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts