Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it. I traded my little baby Rav4 for a 2010 single cab, short bed Tundra. My first pick up. It's a big *** truck and now I have to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with it. I feel like I should either buy a ranch or a construction company now. It's bare bones as far as options, real basic work package. Even has crank windows! I got the dealer to throw in a bed liner but that's about it. I guess my first question is: Where should I start. I'm thinking my first purchase is going to be a tonneau cover for the bed. Any suggestions as to type and price? :beatsme:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Congrats on the new truck. I recommend the Pace Edwards Bedlocker, it is a electric roll up cover.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Love my Undercover! There are various options though for various brands such as electric roll up like Red stated, there are also fold-ups, manual roll-ups, hard plastic, and color-matched. Great luck..........

As far as all mods go------There are a few different routes to take depending on your wants such as: lowering it, raising it, supercharging it, everything performance wise except the supercharger, accessories to show it, accessories to run it offroad, etc. It all depends on what you want, but check out pics throughout this outstanding forum (TUNDRASOLUTIONS) for ideas. I am sure that there is a truck on here that you will probably want yours to look like or somewhat look like. I try to keep mine unique for the most part; I have not seen another just like mine, but I have taken mods/ideas from others to add it to my look! Great luck to you......

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
Ahh...crank windows. I sure do like the convenience of power windows, but those cranks are hard to beat. Congrats on the truck!! Gitcha' some new wheels and some big tires. I have a cheap($236) Truxedo Truxsport cover and it works for me.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
:worthless: Lets see what she looks like!

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
The best part about crank up windows is the precision of positioning the windows. As most of you know I have flatulence issues
. I will not offer more too much detail, but suffice to say, the ozone layer is not in the greatest condition immediately above my house. When the truck is parked I leave the windows open just a crack to allow the gas cloud to exit the vehicle before the instrument cluster begins to discolor. With power windows I cannot move the glass in increments finer than about an inch at a time, but manual windows would get it just right. :tu:

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
now I have to figure out what the heck I'm going to do with it.

You are getting sleeeeepy. Your eyelids are getting heeeaavvy. You must take the truck to the dragstrip and see what the quarter mile time is. :first:

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
If I may... Coming from an SUV, you're probably used to all that cargo-room in the back. You may want to get a Bed-Cap (aka Camper Top) so you can still have that extra locking storage area. You can get it color-matched, and it'll look pretty good.

Just a thought since it's such a big change from the SUV.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The best part about crank up windows is the precision of positioning the windows. As most of you know I have flatulence issues
. I will not offer more too much detail, but suffice to say, the ozone layer is not in the greatest condition immediately above my house. When the truck is parked I leave the windows open just a crack to allow the gas cloud to exit the vehicle before the instrument cluster begins to discolor. With power windows I cannot move the glass in increments finer than about an inch at a time, but manual windows would get it just right. :tu:

Mr. C, you really need to be writing for a tv show!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats on the truck!!!!! Well, since that is too deep of a subject let's move forward with the obvious.

You live in Fl? We have CRAZY HEAT to deal with so if tinted windows don't impair your vision during the night time then I would do that first off. It's not too expensive either.

Second, if you are going to get in and out of the bed of the truck fairly regularly then I HIGHLY recommend the bed step from Sparks at around $200. It's a life saver, unless your just a young buck and jumping in and out is no big deal and you know you won't accidentally hit the paint with your boots? Just a thought?

Most of all, have fun, take your time with your choices to make sure you'll be happy and enjoy the ride!!!:tu:

I would have popped your points cherry but I'm in points prison for now......:D

Welcome to TS!!!:tu:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts