Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the new truck two days ago and love it. It's so much bigger than my 2006 Tacoma it will take some getting used to it. The biggest differences I noticed (besides the power) was the ride and how quiet the cab is. Real luxury!

The first tank of gas is going fast but I don't care, it will take a while to get the 5.7 out of my system, then I can go for mileage.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
CONGRATS! LET THE MODS BEGIN ONE AT A TIME or however much your wallet can afford!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Dude you won't get it out of your system. It's been 17 months since I upgraded from my 04 Dakota. I've probably redlined my 5.7 Crewmax or come close to it a few times just in the last couple weeks. Still just as much of a kick out of it as the first merging ramp I hit after I drove it off the lot.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude you won't get it out of your system. It's been 17 months since I upgraded from my 04 Dakota. I've probably redlined my 5.7 Crewmax or come close to it a few times just in the last couple weeks. Still just as much of a kick out of it as the first merging ramp I hit after I drove it off the lot.
You're probably right, that"s why it's hard to get good mileage, but I for one won't complain, I'll worry if I can't buy gas! haha

Mods I plan will be modest, swaybar, seat covers (dogs), upgraded tires and wheels after a while, and maybe a slight lift.

I got the base DC in Pyrite Mica with the column shift and really like it and the interior matches the hair color of my golden retrievers.

I'll post some pics when it stops raining here on the east cost (of canada)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Congrats, my dad just bought a dc pyrite mica, great color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts