Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been beat to death. Search doesn’t always work from my computer here at work.

Just bought an 06 Dcab 4x4 TRD and it needs tires. I figure I might as well replace the rims too. 

Ideally, I want the truck to have the stock height over the rear tires(no lift blocks, etc.), and lift the front just enough to keep the forward rake.
I am guessing the 1.25” Daystar spacer would be the cheapest and easiest way to do that? I don’t want it fully level.

In addition to that, I would like to put a set of wheels and tires that are larger than the stock 16x7s that come with the TRD package.
I would like a wider tire as well to put more rubber to the road, as well as a different offset/backspace to move the tires and wheels further out, almost flush with the fender flares. I am looking at the Enkei RT6 in a 17x8 with 0mm offset(4” BS).

What’s the widest and tallest tire size I can run on that rim(width and backspacing), with that lift, without rubbing anything, including the stock mudflaps?

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Oh, you don't want to remove the mud flaps, I'd keep the stock tire size. Or don't go over 275 in width. Probably better to stick with a regular tire, don't get a nobby all terrain tire.

My personal preference to lift the front would be to buy Bilstein HD adjustable shocks. Take a little more to install, since you have to change the springs over, but a better ride in the end, IMO.

I'm not up on wheel fitment, might want to check out the wheel forum, there have been posts made on it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i have the same truck... i'm running 285x65x18 which measure to be 32.4in, but im also running a 3/1 level kit... no rubbing AT ALL!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What width and BS is your rims?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
The 17x8 ET 0 is a good fit for your truck HawkFanatic. The max tire size I recommend is 265/70-17 which is about 1" taller than stock. It's not any wider but this is the best size to run if you don't want to make any modifications. The fitment will be tight however and a test fit is recommended as you may have to trim the mud flaps. It's to close to tell mathematically.

-Matt

·
Registered
126 Posts
DiscountTire guys know what they are talking about, very helpful to me in my recent tire purchase.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys.

Matt, if I went with a 17x9 +12 could I fit more tire?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts