Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a new truck. I love my truck now. I have an '07 tundra 5.7L 4*4 double cab. I have had problems after problems. The front diff. has been replaced twice and the second time they replaced the front driveshafts and all. Yet again it is making noise again and they had to order a bolt b/c the shaft is rubbing the frame. Going to get rid before the 60k. Looking @ GMC/chevy 2500 or a 2010 tundra. Afraid of tundra due the last 3 years. Are the new tundras any better? Any opinions or responses would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Well, I also had lots of problems with my 2007 Tundra. Was in the shop many times. Got rid of it recently and now have a 2010 F150. Love it. Much more refined and solid feeling than my Tundra was.

One reason I'd steer clear of a newer Tundra is that Toyota is still putting the same defective air pump system in their trucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
R you kidding me?I had my Truck since Aug of 07.Not a single issue but rusty bumper in front(MN winter is to blame).Bumper was replaced under warranty.Not a single issue.I have 78000miles in it.AWESOME TRUCK

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't really see comparing a 2500HD w/ a Tundra... the HD is built a lot stronger (over 3k lbs payload, frame, suspension, axles, hubs, wheels, tires, etc...). The obvious trade-off is that the Tundra is going to feel/drive better when you aren't towing/hauling. I think a more fair comparison would be a GM 1500 w/ the 6.2L.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
buy what u want.... no one really cares, it's just a truck, and it's yours

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Great thread...

·
Registered
820 Posts
I say depends on what your doing with your truck. If you are going to haul a bunch of stuff I say the chevy 2500. If it is a daily driver just hauling little stuff here and there get the Tundra.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
No way. I would never get the same truck twice unless the first one was so good that I just had to get the same thing again. That's clearly not the case with you. I like mine but knowing the AIP thing might come up is annoying. I don't mind it breaking since it's useless but the fact that your truck can go into limp mode for no practical reason is crazy.

Of course your choices suck. There is no exciting truck available right now. When I got my Tundra it was a process of elimination and a compromise. It fit in my garage which was a big factor.

If you don't mind a 3/4 ton. I would get an F250 if anything. The chevy 2500 is boring and expensive for what you get.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am looking for a new truck. I love my truck now. I have an '07 tundra 5.7L 4*4 double cab. I have had problems after problems. The front diff. has been replaced twice and the second time they replaced the front driveshafts and all. Yet again it is making noise again and they had to order a bolt b/c the shaft is rubbing the frame. Going to get rid before the 60k. Looking @ GMC/chevy 2500 or a 2010 tundra. Afraid of tundra due the last 3 years. Are the new tundras any better? Any opinions or responses would be appreciated.

I think you should buy a NEW Toyota Tundra and a NEW Toyota Highlander for the wifey........oh, by the way....I own Toyota stock :D

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Exactly. Don't care what kind of shampoo you buy either.
I tried to send points but I guess I've sent you too many already. This is a great point and a great way to put it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts