Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--Hi, all. Well, my Pacer 297B wheels came in yesterday, so I went to the tire shop where I ordered them from, but they came with the wrong spacers. SO, the wheel company overnighted the correct spacers and I once again went to the tire place to put on my nice new wheels. When they put the wheels on, the owner of the tire shop said that the brake would rub against the back side of the wheel :cry:.

--Is there a wheel company out there that makes a steel wheel for the Toyota Tundra (2006 AC, 4WD V8) that will not rub against the brake? The design I want is "Black" with 7 or 8 holes in them (Like the Pacer 297B I originally ordered!). The dealer said I might have to find me something in aluminum and that steel wheels were somehow different (in the way it fits or something, I forget). About the only wheels I have seen that I like are the Robby Gordon Type 184 with the six holes (I just wish they were cheaper), the "Ultra" Baja Champ 185B (it's a ten hole, and it looks ok, but not a big fan of the silver on the outside edge of the wheel), and the American Racing AR767 (it's ten hole as well, but it looks good and by chance, the thin red ring around the edge of the wheel matches my truck). I don't know if any of them are aluminum, they didn't say.

--So, can anyone recommend a black wheel with 7 or 8 holes that will work with my '06 Tundra (4WD)? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
buy some spare tire rims, they are steel, with holes and are black, plus they are cheap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
--Hmm, that doesn't sound half bad. I didn't even think about using the same wheels used on the spares. Now to find a picture and source for these wheels...they must meet my strict approval, haha. Just kidding. Thanks for the reply, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts