Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had new wheels and tires installed on my 05 double cab 4x4 last weekend. My original set up was 16" wheels with 265-70/16 tires. I upgraded to 17" wheels and 285-70/17
tires. I have been running Bilstein 5100's set to the top notch for a little over a year now. Ever since I got the new wheels and tires installed the truck has been pulling to the right. It did not pull with the original set up and the original tires showed no signs of abnormal wear. The tire shop tried a few different combinations moving fronts to back and even got two new tires and put those on thinking it was "RADIAL PULL" causing the issue. Still pulled right. I had the truck aligned after the tire shop put on the new ones thinking it must be the alignment. It was out of alignment, but still pulls right. WTF??? Anyone have any ideas? The wheels and tires look sweet on the truck, but it sucks to drive now.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it might be an alignment isue. After doing some research and
looking at my alignment number, I noticed that my caster on the left
is set at 1.4 and the right is set at .6. These numbers should match
from side to side. I think that is what is making the truck pull to the
right. Gonna have them do it again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post to this site however, I am a member TTORA and am in search of some Tundra wheels.
Question:
What did you do with your stock wheels and were they steel (spare type with 16 holes)?

Reason:
I did the 231mm caliper Tundra brake up-grade to my '03 Tacoma. The 16" Rock Crawlers I have will not fit over the larger caliper, hence my need for the Tundra OEM spare type wheel.

If you have this style wheel, I am definitely looking for them.

TanxBra's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts