Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I was looking to update some of my existing Zaino stock, and I noticed there are new Zaino products available now that look interesting. Not sure if I've seen them mentioned here before, please excuse me if they've been posted already.

http://www.zainobros.com

(I have no connection to zainobros - other than I use their products)

-Garth

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Yeah, Z-AIO and CS are some great new products. Z-AIO is almost like Klasse and makes ZFX not needed. ClearSeal is a wipe on and walk away type product that supposedly makes sealing simpler. I have heard ppl have problems with streaking with CS. I just would rather remove the wax by hand. I find that my favorite part of detailing anyway, plus I like to AquaWax the surface after I get done.

As always, Zaino Bros has some cool new stuff out, but there are other options for you people that think Zaino is the end-all of wax/sealants.:)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Come on Brandon, the guys excited about Zaino..... let him be. We all know how you feel about Zaino.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I know, I just cant help myself. Sorry.:eek:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's ok... I could care what others use, to each their own! I just saw these products, and thought I'd mention it to others in case they hadn't heard yet... kind of a PSA.

-Garth

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Aw, were just funnin Garth.

I havent had a chance to try the CS yet but I did use their AIO. I used it a few times to remove the carnubas left over from my polishes before applying the Z2. It did a nice job of cleaning up and as expected it bonded perfectly with the Z2. I was a bit disappointed with his ZPC and felt it didnt have much cutting power if any. But all in all the AIO is a great product. I'm sure it will see more use than the ZPC will for me.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I have heard that ZPC sometimes works, and sometimes doesent. I think the smartest thing Sal could do was to make a AIO type product that substitutes ZFX. That is what drives most people away, they think it is to much to mess with.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yeah, I think so too. I've seen more people shy away from Zaino because they think its too complicated or takes too much time. But that couldnt be farther from the truth. I think ZFX is a good waste of $25. I think if you plan on doing more than two layers in one day, then sure. But if you do one or two layers, ZFX is not needed.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I thought ZFX increased gloss? I havent bought ZFX b/c I still have Z-1. I rarely ever do more than 2coats in a day.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
ZFX is a curing accelerator. If youre short on time a few drops in the bottle will help it cure very quickly. And if you have time to do two or three layers in one afternoon this will help things along.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL - I keep hearing of people shying away from zaino due to the time required. I have found this not to be the case, and in fact, the only thing that I find a detriment to Zaino is it's cost. I can go out at lunch and do a Z2,Z5,Z6 or Z8 coat during my lunch hour. :cool: :p It goes on so fast, and comes off just as fast! (granted, I go over it quickly during this lunch time "wax" job, but it's completely done when I finish) I could never do this with any of the liquid or paste waxes I've used in the past. The things I like the best about Zaino is it's longevity and the wonderful shine it brings out of the paint! I also like the smell of their products... The Leather in a bottle is the best! But, smell's not an item I use to determine if I purchase a waxing product or not, longevity, ease of use, shine and cost all figure into it. I'm going to have to try the Z-AIO :D and see how it works.

-Garth

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sure where this myth got started that Zaino is hard to use or takes too long. In my opinion it couldnt be easier to use. Like I mentioned earlier, I think alot of people get confused when they check the website and see all the numbered codes for every product.

I still cant figure out why people complain about the cost. I'm still on the same bottle of Z2 for over a year now. I just cant seem to find the bottom of that bottle. Same with the Z16 tire dressing. I just cant finish that bottle. A few drops will do a whole tire. And man, everything he makes smells like fruit punch Kool-Aid. One of these days I'm gonna taste that Z-8. lol

For the money you pay and the amount of product you get to use and the shine you get, its a hell of a deal.

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
Z-8 does smell pretty good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts