Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got myself a Tundra, hope it was a good decision. I'm a little nervous as it has higher miles than I wanted, but dang if you want a Tundra and want a lower price tag, you gotta get one with higher miles.
Mines an '03 SR5 TRD 4x4 Access cab 4.7L with 128K miles. I picked it up for $11,000 even which I think was a pretty good deal. It would have been nice if the dealer would have known a little more about it, but you know dealers......
The truck is really clean inside and out so I feel like it was well cared for, but not sure what the maintenance was like.
So brothers, set my mind at ease, convince me that I made a good choice and it was a great deal. I also traded in an 02 Ram 1500 and got what I wanted for it on trade which almost never happens. My RAM had high miles as well which I was concerned about, the only thing I'm going to miss is the Cab space when I'm hauling the family (wife and 3 kids). It also has the towing package, not that I have anything to tow but still it's there....

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Sounds like a a fair deal.

We run a BG oil flush through all of our fleet trucks. It will clean any gunk out of the oil passages. Also try a good injector flush and or cleaner. I have used a BG flush for this also. We run a scanner on the engine to see what the O2 sensors are reading (should be a low or negative number which will get lower as the injectors get cleaner).

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome to the forum! btw just some friendly advice so you don't get jumped on later for thread-spamming, I noticed you posted like 3 threads yesterday that state about the same thing (i.e. newbie with new truck: did I pay too much?, TB question, and Locking Diff/LSD), next time put it all in the same post. you will probably get a lot more help quickly because people won't have to sift through multiple posts that are basically saying the same thing and you won't get flack for the multiple posts. And again welcome to the forum.

And to ease your mind, I have had my truck since '06 with 84k miles and now have 135k and the only thing i've had to do (other than regular maintainence) has been change an O2 sensor. As long as you take care of the truck it will last you for quite a while. As far as TB issues, I would say if your not sure, replace it. $800 for added insurance is nothing compared to the damage that could cost you if something happened and worst case your engine detonates and you have to buy a new engine/truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts