Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody,
newbie on board here.been lurking for a while and as a third 2nd gen tundra:first::second::third: owner,figured i should join this forum.
looking forward to it.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Nice to meet you. Welcome to the funhouse.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Now Post some pics to prove it!

·
Registered
823 Posts
welcome to the family :tu:

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
wasn't sure what you were refering to so here are some generic ones for you to peruse in the meantime.

thanks,such a nice warm welcome.
^^Don't take it the wrong way. :) It is a standard on any forum whether car/truck, etc to post pics even though they may be standard ones that everyone has seen. Especially when you do a mod...He was just poking fun at ya!

·
Registered
823 Posts
wasn't sure what you were refering to so here are some generic ones for you to peruse in the meantime.:D

thanks,such a nice warm welcome.
LOL great pics.....:tu:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Well the obvious question here is, Why in the world are you on your third one already??

Oh and welcome

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
A big welcome from the sock!!! You'll love it here, especially if you like to have fun, poke fun and a little silly at times!!!

Yah, that is a good question Maylon, any particular reason on your 3rd truck? Mechanical reasons, color, 4x4 vs. 4x2? Just curious?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1st was a 2007 with the cam, tranny, driveshaft,output bushing,radio and other issues.toyota bought it back at 1900 miles with pressure from attorney.reluctant to do so but truck met all lemon law requirements and then some.spent 23 more days at dealer than in my possession

2nd was a 2008 but noticed 10 minutes after getting home vehicle had been crashed/damaged and completely repainted on left side.never found out where it had been crashed as the dealer blamed pdi/distribution center and toyota blamed dealer.kept it 2 hours and back to dealer.

3rd is a 2008 and so far has been ok with only the throttle body replaced.dash is droopy and there's a clunk in the rear diff but will wait to see if it gets worse.so nothing major yet but my face is lathered in anticipation.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
^^^ WOW ^^^ Personally, I can't believe you stuck with Toyota after all that?!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah well it's never too late to reconsider,especially after seeing the aip debacle and the fact that the selling dealer is an absolute prick.
so you may understand that i'm less than enthused with toyota's build quality.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
It's wild how (and it happens with every manufacturer) I can get a fantastic truck, twice in a row [my '07 & my '10 Tundra] with absolutely no problems, and you get 2 & maybe a 3rd with several problems.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
It's wild how (and it happens with every manufacturer) I can get a fantastic truck, twice in a row [my '07 & my '10 Tundra] with absolutely no problems, and you get 2 & maybe a 3rd with several problems.
My 07's never had a problem either, only issue is i've nocked it out of alignment twice with all the off road driving i do for work and at my buddies farm.

...stocker RAGGED TRAIL tires suck too. :becky:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts