Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the newb question, but I'm trying to do as much research as I can so that I can buy a Tundra at the end of the month. I live in Texas and searched the GST inventory system. I want the DC LTD 5.7 in Silver Sky Metallic w/ Graphite Leather. There were only 2 of them but had a bunch of extra GST crap I didn't want.

I'm considering the nearest non-GST state which is New Mexico. Does anyone know if there's a database of Tundras in that area that I can search?

:ts:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Steve,

From what I have seen NM dealers online databases do not stack up to what you get in GST. When you search one of the local dealers, you are able to see what they have in stock, the ones listed as available are only in our north Texas subregion. There are about 5 or 6 different lists throughout Texas.
1. DFW area
2. Austin/ San Antonio
3. Houston
4. South Texas
5....6? and at least 1 or 2 others covering the more rural areas

In the state of Texas there are about 70-80 dealers. If you go to their individual web sites, you will notice that some are on the same list and some are not. Then it is just a matter finding the dealership that has the truck on his lot and calling the internet guy and asking for a quote. Most all TX dealers have the same interface, just different pools that they search from.

I looked all over TX and ended up getting my Crewmax in Grapevine.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is not that kind of system here. You have to go individually and check. Just a warning they do not update quick so what you are seeing is old. Best bet is to call them individually and tell them what you want. They will pull the reports of the trucks coming in and match up what you want. Albuquerque-American Toyota and Karl Malone Toyota. I have heard that Roswell Toyota Guy is 1% over invoice and is easy to work with, but he never filled an order I requested and never followed up with anything-he agreed to a deal on a limited Crew Max and when he could not do it he NEVER let me know, very poor service-so beware of that. Beaver Toyota and Las Crucas Toyota are also around. MHO is that American is the easist to deal with and ask for Wes in internet and he is who I ordered the crewmax from. They would deal on it and Karl Malone would not. But they are selling the crewmax as fast as they get them and the DC are sitting on the lots so good luck.

Robert
Albuquerque NM waiting for an order Slate Crewmax,, 4X4 5.7

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Hey there Aggie ;) , here's the deal about New Mexico. If you go west out to Juarez and then go north you end up in this place called New Mexico. Don't worry, they aren't Yankees and the're not Mexicans. The're New Mexicans. It's not Texas but it does seem to be part of the United States. :D

OK, sorry, I couldn't help it.

New Mexico dealers are in the Toyota Denver distribution region. I'm not sure about the ones in El Paso - I couldn't tell. Since the distributor is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Sales US, it's not a money grubbing middleman like GST or SET. One of the dealerships that seems to have a higher profile on the internet is Roswell, NM. The internet guy there has advertised all CrewMaxes at $500 above invoice. However, you will have to pick from what he has coming into his dealership. You can not check a multi-dealer inventory system in NM online like you can in GST.

I'm definitely getting my truck in NM because I don't like the way the trucks are configured in the GST region right now. The GST trucks seem to have, perhaps, one expensive option like nav, moonroof, 20" alloy wheels, sonar plus one or more port options you don't much care about. If they really loaded up a CrewMax Limited with all of the good factory options PLUS the port options they make the most money on, it would be $50K so they don't do that. Notice that all of the MSRP's are within a certain narrow range. Remember, these MSRP's are somewhat jacked up by port options so they can discount them more. "Wow, do you mean I get those Texas Edition Chrome Wheels for the same price as the alloy ones? Gee :ts:."

If you generate a Tundra eBrochure with a NM zip code like 88203, you will see the factory option packages that the trucks will be arriving with in the Denver region. You definitely want to choose among those packages and be very flexible about color if you want to grab one of the ones that are being built for one of those dealers.

I, for one, don't mind flying out there to pick up the truck and driving 10 hours back. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy every minute of it. PM me if you want to know my specific deal. Bottom line is that you can get a good deal if you are willing to wait. They will make a deal but they don't have a truck. It's obviously not like showing up on the lot, seeing something you like, and driving it home the next day. I have no idea when I'm going to get my truck. It could be 3 weeks or 3 months. I don't mind waiting that much because the farther we get into Summer the better the incentives are likely to be as gas prices go up, especially, if we get into employee pricing and other price-oriented strategies in the truck market.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Hey there Aggie ;) , here's the deal about New Mexico. If you go west out to Juarez and then go north you end up in this place called New Mexico. Don't worry, they aren't Yankees and the're not Mexicans. The're New Mexicans. It's not Texas but it does seem to be part of the United States. :D

OK, sorry, I couldn't help it.

New Mexico dealers are in the Toyota Denver distribution region. I'm not sure about the ones in El Paso - I couldn't tell. Since the distributor is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Sales US, it's not a money grubbing middleman like GST or SET. One of the dealerships that seems to have a higher profile on the internet is Roswell, NM. The internet guy there has advertised all CrewMaxes at $500 above invoice. However, you will have to pick from what he has coming into his dealership. You can not check a multi-dealer inventory system in NM online like you can in GST.

I'm definitely getting my truck in NM because I don't like the way the trucks are configured in the GST region right now. The GST trucks seem to have, perhaps, one expensive option like nav, moonroof, 20" alloy wheels, sonar plus one or more port options you don't much care about. If they really loaded up a CrewMax Limited with all of the good factory options PLUS the port options they make the most money on, it would be $50K so they don't do that. Notice that all of the MSRP's are within a certain narrow range. Remember, these MSRP's are somewhat jacked up by port options so they can discount them more. "Wow, do you mean I get those Texas Edition Chrome Wheels for the same price as the alloy ones? Gee :ts:."

If you generate a Tundra eBrochure with a NM zip code like 88203, you will see the factory option packages that the trucks will be arriving with in the Denver region. You definitely want to choose among those packages and be very flexible about color if you want to grab one of the ones that are being built for one of those dealers.

I, for one, don't mind flying out there to pick up the truck and driving 10 hours back. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy every minute of it. PM me if you want to know my specific deal. Bottom line is that you can get a good deal if you are willing to wait. They will make a deal but they don't have a truck. It's obviously not like showing up on the lot, seeing something you like, and driving it home the next day. I have no idea when I'm going to get my truck. It could be 3 weeks or 3 months. I don't mind waiting that much because the farther we get into Summer the better the incentives are likely to be as gas prices go up, especially, if we get into employee pricing and other price-oriented strategies in the truck market.
Make sure you stop in Hatch NM and Pony up to a 30lb bag of red and a 30lb bag of green Chili. Some like it hot and after 16 years i love them both, in NM it's Red or Green as in what chili would ya like on your food!! I myself would work with the Lady from RCM Dianne or try this guy in Aurora Colorado from where i purchased my 06 DC at 400.00 above invoice! Dan Lapczynski Internet Fleet Sales Manager at Stevinson Toyota East, a Aurora Toyota dealer new car used car CO Toyota dealership They did me ok i guess, but did try to get me to take a truck they had to get in Boulder and drive 60 miles back to Aurora with and when i got there they picked me up at DIA and when i looked my truck over and there was a big golf ball ding on Rear Bumper and they were talking about couple hundred dollars off and we do not have any bumpers in stock? I told them that there were countless Tundras setting on the lot and i would be happy to wait while they changed it for a new bumper and they called GM and he said DO IT but seemed very unhappy but not at me!! Can't complain about them, this was supposedly a Sam's Club deal that Albuquerque advertised they participated but come to find out they had quit like 2 years before and i called Sam's Club and complained and was hooked up with the Stevinsons Group in Denver! They have a east and west side Dealership and i was doing my deal with the east side. Original Sam's club deal is 4 or 5 % above invoice but since i had such a hard time getting a deal they gave it to me at 400.00 over invoice, could be a scam? but made me happy!!:) The Toyota New Interest rates i have seen here in ABQ do not include CM at American Toyota they have that listed on thier website, it's for Double Cabs! Specifiacally states it! EXCLUDES CM!! Just check with your dealer cause those things change but they will try to slip one on ya if you blink an eyeball!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Try doing a Google search for "state" (which ever one you want to check on) and "Toyota dealers". That will help you find a dealer's site to do an inventory search. As others have mentioned, they vary from area to area, state to state. I live in St. Louis, Mo. Local dealers here all list each other's stock as "available" versus "in-stock" for their own. Also listed on St. Louis area lists are inventories from the middle of the state and south to the Arkansas border. Some of those mid-state dealer's stock is also shown on some Kansas City area sites.

When you find one equipped like you want (if you do), write down the VIN and take that to your dealer - they may be able to work out a swap. If not, you might consider a road trip to wherever you found it. (Remember that note about available versus in-stock - don't travel to the wrong dealership.) Good luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is not that kind of system here. You have to go individually and check. Just a warning they do not update quick so what you are seeing is old. Best bet is to call them individually and tell them what you want. They will pull the reports of the trucks coming in and match up what you want. Albuquerque-American Toyota and Karl Malone Toyota. I have heard that Roswell Toyota Guy is 1% over invoice and is easy to work with, but he never filled an order I requested and never followed up with anything-he agreed to a deal on a limited Crew Max and when he could not do it he NEVER let me know, very poor service-so beware of that. Beaver Toyota and Las Crucas Toyota are also around. MHO is that American is the easist to deal with and ask for Wes in internet and he is who I ordered the crewmax from. They would deal on it and Karl Malone would not. But they are selling the crewmax as fast as they get them and the DC are sitting on the lots so good luck.

Robert
Albuquerque NM waiting for an order Slate Crewmax,, 4X4 5.7

I ordered my truck from Beaver toyota in Santa Fe after dealing with Carl Malone and American Toyota in Albuquerque and coming away very disappointed with their offers. My purchase was very straight forward. Cash on the barrelhead and no trade-in. The Albuquerque dealers were no where near invoice plus TTL, where Beaver Toyota was. Don't waste your time with the ABQ dealers. If robbs49 can claim otherwise, I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sorry for another newb question; what is GST?

As you your choice of Tundra with Leather, around here I've only seen leather in the "Limited" version. Very expensive, but with all the bells and whistles too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts