Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of looking for a Tundra. What if any are the major differences between an '06 and an '07. Other than the '07 is a year newer:)
Thanks in advance.
Steve

·
Registered
440 Posts
I am in the process of looking for a Tundra. What if any are the major differences between an '06 and an '07. Other than the '07 is a year newer:)
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Are you serious or making fun?

Everything.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you serious or making fun?

Everything.
LOL, actually i am serious. I know very little and figured this was the lazy way of doing the research on them. I drove an '07 a couple of weeks ago, and was asking all the questions that i could think of on the '07, never thought to ask salesman what the differences were...forgive my ignorance on this ....
Steve

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think they added a few more exterior and interior colors this year. Other than that, not much more than 32 different body styles, 3 engine choices, a coulpe of extra options/accessories, and possibly a free reviewview mirror set of dice if you ask nicely. :clown:

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
The 07 is a complete redesign. Most notably is the addition of the 5.7liter V8 (381hp / 401lb torque) mated with a 6-speed transmission and some huge brakes (13.9"). Throw in some goodies like traction control / vehicle stability control / trans oil cooler (important for towing) / engine oil cooler (again towing) / skid plates / the largest differential gear available in a 1/2 ton (10.5"), and you end up with one very capable truck. (And once you picked the 5.7 engine, all that other stuff is standard equipment!)

You could buy an 07 with the smaller 4.7liter / 4 speed, and it would be closer to an 06, with larger dimensions. By the way, the 5.7 gets comparable gas mileage with the 4.7.

I would suggest going to your local Toyota dealer, and asking to test drive one of the 07 Tundras (especially a 5.7).

·
Registered
186 Posts
For get similarities.

They are no similarities, other than the name of the truck.

Only other thing: the same 4.7L V8 is available as 1 of the 3 engines.

Other than that, not the same truck at all. Other than the name.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
To the original poster, if you are indeed being serious, get the 07. It's an all-new design from the ground up and it's a superb truck in every way.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have found that people here are more than happy to answer questions, however, such a general question is much more easily answered by reading one or two of the dozens of reviews of the new Tundra that can be found online by Googling "2007 Tundra Review" or something. Every review starts out with the fact that the 2007 Tundra is practically all new. :rolleyes:

Now, if you want to find out:
  • what specific octane or mixtures of gasoline to put in your '07
  • when to do your first oil change
  • what kind of horrible accident you can get in by towing some big-*** yacht around
  • how to lift/lower/level your truck
  • how to remove any sort of identifying mark from your truck
You've come to the right place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts