Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the next generation of tacomas will come out, or the remodeling of the current model? I'm guessing it will be next summer of 2008 when the '09's come out because since the 08's are about to come out and it was 4 years with the 01-04 models. I'll bet they probly just change the front ends to look like the Tundra like they changed the front ends of the 00-01's. Hopefully they add tailgate locks, 4-wheel disc brakes, and a bedlight. I currently have a 00 Taco and will be buying a new one as soon as they change them. I dont even have one yet, and I'm already thinking of mods to do to it haha.:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
4 wheel disc brakes..

I'm pretty dissappointed with Toyota for not putting 4-wheel discs on the 05-06s. The Frontier has them and that truck isn't as nice as the Tacoma IMO.

I'm actually overall pretty unhappy with the Tacoma braking system. The pedal feels soft, the rear drums are pretty inadequate and I can get them to fade while towing pretty quick.

I'm in the process of upgrading to new pads, SS lines and new fluid (Motul RBF600). If that doesn't do the trick, I guess I'm going to have to swap the drums for discs.

I wish the FJ rear brakes were plug and play!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Expect only minor front grill and tail light styling changes in 2008-09. I don't expect the next generation Tacoma to debut until 2012 or so.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I agree, you would think they would install better brakes on the Tacoma, especially anything beyond the standard models. I'd like to eventually swap out the drums for rotors as well. Much better braking performance, easier to replace the pads and do maintenance work on. My 89 MR2 had 4 wheel discs, I could replace all 4 pads in less than a hour (including the time it took to get the tools, jack up the car, etc), try that with brake shoes.

For spongy pedal, have you tried changing out the brake fluid, like to some good Redline? I need to change out all my fluids once the weather gets warm...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts