Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the exterior moddin' has begun..First up is shaving the tailgate handle. Then molding in the rear caps on the roll pan. Then removing the "nostril" out of my RamAir Hood to make it one big opening. Front doors handles might be shaved, but not sure as of yet..Rear one will for sure say as a fail safe way of getting into the truck, even though there are a few other backup ways when you shave them all off. Been there done that, and not wanting to go back down that road. But that being said, the paint job that I will be going with, kinda blends in the rear door handles so they will not pop out at you. But like I said, I am still on the fence about doing the handles and yes I know I show my truck, and should take'em out.

Rear handle removed thus far.

Roll pan will have metal ends molded in. The roll pan comes with plastic end caps. And now for the trival part..Ends being molded on will be off of an early model Ford F150 Truck. Yes I said FORD F150....LOL...Thanks goes out to Lon aka the owner of Tundra Solutions website as he had already performed this and it was determined that these ends just about match up, and require only 6 or so hours of shop time to get them molded in. Current look in first pic, and Lons truck in second pic with roll pan ends molded in.

Hood will have the center part removed as photoshopped below. First pic below is how it looks now. Second pic is how it will look once modded.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I think your license plate sums it up pretty well that is indeed 1siktoy.

·
Registered
471 Posts
No doubt those mods will look good, especially the tailgate and rollpan. Can't wait to see it.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Subscribing

·
Registered
823 Posts
Glad to see your going for it.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Thank goodness, that will really make the hood look nice! :) Can't wait to see final result. Other mods sound great too.

God, Lon's truck is soooo hot. Love that tonneau, so fresh and so clean :tu:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Now did your buddy make you grind the paint off that tailgate first?

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank goodness, that will really make the hood look nice! :) Can't wait to see final result. Other mods sound great too.

God, Lon's truck is soooo hot. Love that tonneau, so fresh and so clean :tu:
Ya that is my thinking to..And yes Lon's truck is freakin' awesome!

Now did your buddy make you grind the paint off that tailgate first?
Oh he is going to do that. This was just the beginning today. My whole truck is getting painted by a friend/guy in Daytona FL..I would post the pic of the rendering, but someone might get theirs painted like it before mine goes to paint early next month if I did. :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
lol nice, cant wate to see what u do. did you think about just shaveing the pockets and leaveing the handle?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i say shave the rears too....thats the only thing that really bugs me about my truck, is the nissan pathfinder looking handles.

also, i kinda like the nostril in your hood..i think the big opening will look strange but then again, i think alot of things look strange in theory but they have worked on your truck just fine...go figure.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I think a supercharger should count as an exterior or interior mod. :heh:

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol nice, cant wate to see what u do. did you think about just shaveing the pockets and leaveing the handle?
Ya I have, and its never too late to go that route. Thanks for that idea and the pics you posted of it!

i say shave the rears too....thats the only thing that really bugs me about my truck, is the nissan pathfinder looking handles.

also, i kinda like the nostril in your hood..i think the big opening will look strange but then again, i think alot of things look strange in theory but they have worked on your truck just fine...go figure.
Yea I am most likely going to do neither or both, not just one of them. And I got used to that nostril, but then kept looking at the RamAir Hood I had on my Magnum with just one opening, and that was the kicker to do it.

I think a supercharger should count as an exterior or interior mod. :heh:
LOL! I keep dreaming of that SC, but can't bring myself to put something under the hood that cost that much when I can do visual mods. This truck is fast enough as it sits, and if I go any faster, it might blow everything I did off my truck! LOL...But one day Santa will bring me one, as I have ask him for it! :D

·
Registered
823 Posts
Have your boy close that pocket up and then slide the door handle back in and see if you like it. Thats the perfect time to see if you like it .lol

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Shaved and roll pan will look bad a$$ for sure! Your truck is sick no doubt, and Lon's truck is smooth; like his bed cover and fin..........

·
Registered
823 Posts
minus the cupple pics i posted up last time no , i was at a vw show all day and seen a cupple and didnt even think about it..

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shaved and roll pan will look bad a$$ for sure! Your truck is sick no doubt, and Lon's truck is smooth; like his bed cover and fin..........
Thanks bro!

minus the cupple pics i posted up last time no , i was at a vw show all day and seen a cupple and didnt even think about it..
Ok cool..I have those, and will look for some more on the web.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts