Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after almost 5 (FIVE) months of waiting, and onto my 3rd dealer (interesting story, buy me a beer and I'll tell you)... I get my truck TOMORROW!!!
Yes I will have pictures! Wish me luck trying to sleep tonight!

I am ending up with a Pyrite Crewmax LTD "B" package w/ tan interior. Only thing different is I got the dealer to swap the wheels with another truck on the lot - I will end up with 18" instead of the 20's that are standard on the LTD. Reason for this is I do alot of bush/logging roads and construction sites - the 20's would not last and I need some good offroad/winter tire options, more with 18's.

Anyways, I'll check in sometime this weekend, I may be out driving...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am also picking up my Tundra tomorrow. It is 11:23 p.m. and sleep is not an option. I am so glad to be getting a real truck to pull my camper.

I am picking up a DC SR5 4X4 in the Slate.

Life is good here!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just picked mine up this week. You guys are going to be in hog heaven with this huge grin on your face for days and days.

:tu:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well, after almost 5 (FIVE) months of waiting, and onto my 3rd dealer (interesting story, buy me a beer and I'll tell you)... I get my truck TOMORROW!!!
Yes I will have pictures! Wish me luck trying to sleep tonight!

I am ending up with a Pyrite Crewmax LTD "B" package w/ tan interior. Only thing different is I got the dealer to swap the wheels with another truck on the lot - I will end up with 18" instead of the 20's that are standard on the LTD. Reason for this is I do alot of bush/logging roads and construction sites - the 20's would not last and I need some good offroad/winter tire options, more with 18's.

Anyways, I'll check in sometime this weekend, I may be out driving...
Me too, I go and pick it up at 9am and I cant wait. I am getting a radiant red on black cloth Sr5 dc trd w/trd dual exhaust.
I had a tacoma and I cant believe how much I miss driving a truck. Have fun loging miles.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Had mine for 3 weeks and I still grin when I get on the gas and my dual flowmasters roar.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I thought I was all grown up and couldn't get giddy any more but the 07 Tundra down in the garage does put a grin my face...and the fact that my work is picking up the tab just makes it soooo much better.
I love my job and my new truck!
Now THAT is nice! Enjoy your new truck!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes very nice, my work gives me an allowance, then it is taxed to death like the rest of our "income". At least it takes a bit of the pymt out...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Congratulations.....I definately feel your pain. Two more weeks for me. I am taking the day off of work when mine is available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
STOP IT!!!!

You buggers are killing me. Mine arrives between May 4-9 and dealer has promised no more then 48 hours from his lot to my driveway..the waiting is killing me.... hard to beleive I turned 40 last Friday..haven't been this anxious to get a new vehicle since I was 22 and waiting for my 5.0 Litre Mustang back in the day...

R

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got back from our first roadtrip!! It was awesome! Man this truck sure is amazing. I am very happy that I waited for it and for anyone with baby seats, the crewmax is absolutely the only way to go.
Other than all the mechanical advantages and class leading everything this truck offers, I found that the weird thing is all the stares you get from passer-bys, especially people in "other" trucks, and how many people run over to see and ask questions when you're parked!!

We did approx 500kms round trip of easy driving, got 17.9MPG.
Pictures at:
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/1245

I am in the process of removing all the decals. Only have the "TUNDRA" decals left on the doors and tailgate. It is not an easy job, Toyota uses some tough adhesives!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mine goes into production on 5/8.....gonna be like x-mas around the 20th:)

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
OK, so how long did it take to get your trucks (all chime in) from order/deposit date?
Ordered mine on Feb 10th, took delivery on April 3rd.

·
Registered
84 Posts
:sleep:I'm another one of those can't sleep at night guys. My slate metallic 5.7 ltd dc is gonna be picked up May 3rd at 2:00 p.m. Just went in today to do all the final paper work [ ins. registration, void cheque etc]. Tommorow is going to be a hard day at work. At least I can go see it tommorow as they prep it. That Country Hills Toyota is one hell of a dealer ship.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ordered mid-march and they are building this week!!!!! dealer said may 10th for pick-up.... Thats only 8 days:eek:

You ain't kiddin' !!!!!!! IT IS LIKE THE NIGHT (OR WEEK) BEFORE X-MAS

I got the Bakflip cover ordered and should arrive 1-2 days prior to.
dealer will tint front windows to match rear and install step for me.

AARRRGGH the wait is killer... especially reading the great posts from all the happy drivers of their new babies and how much they mention the fact that this truck kicks a$$.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts