Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 years ago I heard Chrysler was suppose to build the Titan but that was before the Big 3 meltdown.....does anyone know if this ever transpired or did the idea get dropped.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
It has been dropped. Nissan and Chrysler have parted ways and Nissan's new Titan is going to be made in house. They already have an upgraded version of their 5.6 endurance motor in their new patrol vehicles making well over 400 hp and 400 tq NA. I think its expected to come out in 2012.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I wonder how that would have worked out. I can't imagine too many Dodge loyalists would want a truck with a Nissan emblem on the front, can't imagine too many Nissan loyalists would have wanted Dodge mechanicals under Nissan sheet metal. I'm guessing this one would have had about the same level of success as the Mitsubishi Raider. Brand loyalists wouldn't have been interested. Nissan fans would look at Tundras or downsize to a Frontier. Dodge fans would buy the Dodge. You would have ended up only with bargain hunters snapping them up because nobody else is interested, and they would practically end up getting paid to buy them. Maybe warranty differentiation might have helped push the Nissan version as Honda was doing with its rebadged Rodeo, but with the Dodges already coming with 100K/5 yrs how much better could they have have done? I just don't think there would have been enough there for someone to choose the Nissan over the Dodge unless the Nissan became a loss leader.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts