Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys was wondering if any of you would run or have run these on your tundras. . post your pics sizes and opinions on how you like them . . . . im thinking of getting new rim and tire combo by the end of the year . . . .
nitto muds in 35x12.5

17x10 ultra with 4.5 bk spacing (fully powder coated black )

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I know a few buddies that had them and I don't really care for them. From what I have seen, they don't last very long and they aren't really good in mud, but I don't know if you even go off road with your truck. They are also loud as hell, and that gets to be very annoying.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have heard the same from other's on reveiws on some tire sites , i love them there sick looking too and i can put up with the noise , just the longevity wise nitto need to fix its there soft compound that make them wear quick

·
Registered
524 Posts
Friend of mine has them on a lifted dodge pick up, to put it bluntly-they suck in mud and everything else.

I know plenty of people who run muds and I ran a few sets myself, I found the best mud tires in general are the firestone MT. I couldnt get stuck when I had my old 82 chevy pick up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with all above. I had them on my Dodge, they are extremely loud and really soft. They only lasted me around a year/11,000 miles. Not good in mud or snow!!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I had two sets on two different trucks. Fine in mud for my purposes, but the noise and shake at low MPH came to be unacceptable.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's another questions would a 17x9'' rim fit a 13.5'' wide tire ? just for my own info ,but now im thinkin of the 17x9 kmc hoss in black on some sorta aggressive tires prob mod tires , any one suggest any ??

·
Registered
89 Posts
here's another questions would a 17x9'' rim fit a 13.5'' wide tire ? just for my own info ,but now im thinkin of the 17x9 kmc hoss in black on some sorta aggressive tires prob mod tires , any one suggest any ??
Rim width range for a 12.5 wide tire is 8.5-11. I didn't find any 35x13.5 tires where I look up rim width ranges. Just out of curiosity, are these tires going to be for looks or purpose?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea that's what im figuring at least a 9.5-10 wheel , and yea mostly for looks but a little wheeling here and there on the weekends with friends . . . . . i was thinkin the toyo mt , pro comp extreme mt or even the mickey thompson mtz
and im thinkin with the 3'' toy tech and 3'' body id get 315's and then when i get the 5'' tuff +3'' body i'll get 36x13.5x17's

·
Registered
524 Posts
Out of all of those I would buy the procomp. Have had mickeys on another truck and I wasnt impressed.

Truth be told, the best mud tire to date I have used is the firestone MT, it was well worth the cheaper price too.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Skip them if they are for looks...there are harder compounds out there.

Their compound hooks up well on rocks and loose stuff, I've seen it in person. Dunno anything about mud, wet pavement or snow. Ask peterfarhangi, he ran them for a while.

35x12.5 is supposed to take a 10" wide wheel. It's even more important that you stick to the manufacturer's measuring rim width as the tire becomes more low profile. Moving away from the measuring rim width will result in a different wear pattern than the manufacturer intended, at least a narrower wheel will do that...I don't know about wider wheels, cuz nobody I know does that...the opposite is a lot more common, and it'll eventually put a bit of cracking on the outside of the belt, near the shoulder of the tread :rolleyes:.

-Sean

·
Registered
366 Posts
The best mud tire out there is the toyo open country mt. They last the longest by far. I have ran firstone mt they are pretty good awesome for the price. Idk what everyone is saying about the nittos being bad.... They are a great mud tire. My buddy just put a pair on after his km2s ran bald. Said they pull 10x better. My next pair will be either the toyos again or the super swamper ssr. It all depends on what you want them for. I do love the rims your looking at as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just put on some km2's today. $164 a piece. But that was 255/85/16. Still...I couldn't find anything I wanted cheaper than that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have 35x12.50 Mud Grapplers and 16x10 Black DC1s on my 01 Tundra now. I've had the tires a while, they were on my Tacoma and i took them off when i sold it. I love em. Yes they are loud but i like the noise. They dont shake the truck when i slow down like ive herd swampers do. Ive had them in the mud, snow and sand and they didnt upset me not once. Oh and they look cool as hell haha. No complaints about the tires here. I hope to buy another set when these are done.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
I just put on some km2's today. $164 a piece. But that was 255/85/16. Still...I couldn't find anything I wanted cheaper than that.
A buddy of mine here has wheeled the snot out of those exact same times in Moab...they're good. Maybe not so good in mud, but then nothing besides a Swamper is really good in mud.

The KM2s did well enough on everything else, tho. He's running Q78-16s now :devil:.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Any one ever run Hankook tires? Iv never had new ones but i got set of used mudders LT265/70R17 (RT03) that had about 30% left. They ran nice and smooth wernt to loud but had very little tread compared to new ones. I used them one summer as that was my goal out of them, but probally could of got another summer out of them, but i knew i was gonna get a lift before they were dead, and i got some Dean m/t LT285/70R17 with the Hankooks so ill try those out this coming summer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A buddy of mine here has wheeled the snot out of those exact same times in Moab...they're good. Maybe not so good in mud, but then nothing besides a Swamper is really good in mud.

The KM2s did well enough on everything else, tho. He's running Q78-16s now :devil:.
No Moab for me...2wd :cry3d:. Keeping my eye out for a wrecked 4x4 ;).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts