Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

New Tires installed today!! :D

They feel great. They sound (quiet) great. And they look awesome. Completely changes the appearance of the Tundra from my stock tires.

I had to get them to replace my Michelins because one of them had some serious thread seperation on the side wall (never curbed) and NOONE would warranty it (Dealer, Distributor, Manufacturer.) Owell. I'm never buying Michelin again. They came stock.

The only thing about the TG's is that they're rubbing on sharper turns. I couldnt find a thread that explains what the "propper" or "recommended" way to bend my skid plate up a little bit. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced

Here's a new picture for your visual enjoyment =) 03/14/2010

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Just grab the corner of the skid plate with a pair of pliars and bend it up. I looked for a thread too when I did it but once I got under there it is very very self explanitory. It is very thin metal so you could cut it too with some tin snips or something like that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Josh B - Thanks man! I've had it for two years now and I love driving my truck and doing subtle upgrades to it as often as possible. The rims have Industrial Strength Krylon properly done (wet sanded, several coats of primer, and several coats of matte black) they still look as if they were painted yesterday. No chipping and wearing at all. I have a thread on how I did everything step by step.

MaylonTRD - I appreciate the help! I took a gander at it earlier, but I wanted to know you'alls suggestions. I'll give it a nice curve tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Registered
590 Posts
I love my TG's. I had them on my 06 Tundra and got around 60,000 miles out of them. DO you think the stock 20's would look good powdercoated black?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont see why not? It differentiates you from all the other stock silver grey rims out there. I love having Black Rims, it fit my color coordination much better! What PSI did you run your TG's at?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am running 275 65 20 Terra grapplers and so far i like them too. I used tin snips on the skid plate, problem solved.

·
- ? -
1,305 Posts
I cut mine with a band saw, filed the edges that i cut, and hit it with some flat black rustoleum. Im gonna have to post some pics of it one day.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts

New Tires installed today!! :D

They feel great. They sound (quiet) great. And they look awesome. Completely changes the appearance of the Tundra from my stock tires.

Looks great, the black really compliments the truck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the same BBS rims and am still using the Michelins that came on them. The Michelins seem to be great tires so far, they have tons of tread left even after 30K miles. I have been looking for potential replacements though as these particular Michelins aren't being made anymore. The Nittos look great. I'll be sure to check into them when it's time to replace my tires. Thanks for posting pics.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I've got 305/55/20's on my 07 (that I sold) that have 63k miles on them (and probably 10k left, I planned on running them through the coming summer and replacing them in October). They were louder than the Bridgestone HL's that were stock, but I love the look, and they performed well in the snow and little bit of off road I did. They grab in puddles pretty bad, but they are really wide, so what do you expect.

I run 45 psi, and they are on 8.5" Procomp 8166's. They are the E rated version.

I'm putting 295/60/20's on my new CrewMax on the factory Platinum 20's (for now) until I decide what wheels to replace them with.

I run 285/65/18's on my wife's Land Cruiser for winter.

I can't recommend these highly enough. It is unlikely I'll ever run a different tire on my trucks unless they stop producing them or start having major qc issues.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
^^^ LOOKS GREAT! I like the black/polished rims with the slate...good combo.

I am running 275 65 20 Terra grapplers and so far i like them too. I used tin snips on the skid plate, problem solved.
Can you snap a couple photos of your truck with these tires (275/65/20)... that's a size I'm interested in moving up to, since I've heard it's not recommended to go with a 305 wide tire on our 20x8 Limited rims.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here is a pick from my Iphone of the 275 65 20.

·
Registered
40 Posts
one more picture

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
^^^ Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts