Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've read some reviews on the nitto tires, but I figure let's compile some of your experiences here. They are a much cheaper alternative to the BFGs, and although I'm a fan of the BFGs (minus my 40K miles treadlife), they are a quite a bit cheaper.

So, with that said, I personally am between the G'year Duratracs in the 275/70/18 or the 295/70/18, the BFG AT T/A KO in the 305/65/18 (still best looking size/tire in the market for an AT), and the Nitto Terra Grapplers or the Nitto Trail Grapplers in the 295/70/18.

I believe the 295/70/18 is a pretty slick size, but the lack of the whitewall sidewall is kind of disappointing.

However, for $100 cheaper a tire, beggars can't be choosers :D

So, for you guys with the TRAIL grapplers as well as the TERRA grapplers, what kind of tread life have you experienced? Since the Trail Grapplers are less than a year old or so, what kind of miles do you have on 'em now and how much depth is left on the lugs?

How can they be compared to the BFGs in your past experiences?

And, anybody with the 295/70/18 size that posts up pics, I'll be more than happy to throw some rep points your way :abduction:

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah man, they have a sweet tread pattern but are only available in 20s. Reps if I can.

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link. Discounttire's website didn't have the 18s on there. Unfortunately the 275/70/18s are pretty doggone expensive. The Nittos are $30-40 cheaper for a larger size.

-rockstate

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks for the link. Discounttire's website didn't have the 18s on there. Unfortunately the 275/70/18s are pretty doggone expensive. The Nittos are $30-40 cheaper for a larger size.

-rockstate
I agree with you there, just wanted to show you they were available in 18's.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts

-rockstate
Price for the Coopers were 221 so you can get the 295 70 18's in Nittos for 180 a piece? Where from? Do tell!!!!!:D I would be all over them.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
DANG! Found the Trail Grapplers for $213 a piece!!!!

Onlinetires.com - TIRES Search Results

-rockstate
Good price on the Nitto's, but shipping to me would be 170 :td: I probably will end up with the BFG's from Tire Rack(local to me) or maybe the Dunlop M/T's?? Anyone heard of how those wear? My stocker Duelers are gone at 35,000 miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
60k+ on my terra grapplers on my olod tundra and Fj. Super surprised. Great tires. Anyone have any comments on the trail grapplers and noise/gas mileage?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How about mileage out of the tires?

How many you got on 'em now and what's the tread depth?

-rockstate

·
Registered
1 Posts
terra grapplers arnt bad i have 4k on them and i cant tell a difference tread wise. i believe they drive smoother than bfg at but when offroading i would choose the bfg's. it all matters on how much you offroad really. i was told the terra grapplers last 35k miles.

·
- ? -
1,305 Posts
How about mileage out of the tires?

How many you got on 'em now and what's the tread depth?

-rockstate
Tires got around 9k on um' and the only wear I see is on the outside but that's only cuz the fuggin alignment shop can't get it right. Speakin of that it's bout time for a rotation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I run the terra grapplers on my f250 and so far they are the best tire I've had. I've done the BFG AT and they are little rougher ride and louder. I've got about 13000 on them mostly hiway and they are still about 80%. I would opt for the Terra or Hankook ATM RF10 which are on my tundra now. Got them actually cheaper than Nitto last fall.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i got the nitto terra grapplers when i got my wheels... not too thrilled with them... i'm not really sure if its the wheels or tires but the ride is noticably rougher... the wheels (XD Monsters) require stick on weights which i know from experience inherently are harder to get to balance out smooth... but the tires are louder than the stock bfg tires... and the ride has been rough since i got them... the good thing is i've had them for about 26k mi and they seem to be holding up to the wear pretty well

1 - 20 of 36 Posts