Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah I read that too. I have an 07 silverado, while the 4l60 is a solid 4 speed, I am surprised that they did not make the 6 speed available for the 1500. It will be available in the 2500 series though, I believe. They really should have had it ready for 2008. There is rumor that it was just not feasable because of the sheer numbers of 1/2 tons they sell in a year.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow..I can't believe GM would be that stupid....unless you're looking at a Denali that pretty much ends the Tundra/GM900 debate for 08 at least, particlarly if GM is also not going to offer a standard bed on the crew cab.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Maybe GM will offer their 6 speed after Ford puts it into the F150 and Dodge puts it into the Ram 1500.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Since we're talking about trannies, was Toyota the first one to put a 5-speed in a 1/2 ton truck with the 05 Tundras?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
According to consumerguide.com, it looks like Toyota was first to come out with a 5sp auto for a 1/2 ton pickup. There was a brief mention of a 5sp for the Ram but it did not give a year for when it came out. Looks like Toyota is ahead of the game again with the 6sp. :tu:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the link.

They're obviously in an uproar about the tundra. It's clear that they see the Tundra as a threat and they should be threatned, they'd be foolish like gm not to be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I noticed that trolundra basically single handedly shut down this post on the GM forums.:tu:

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Maybe GM will offer their 6 speed after Ford puts it into the F150 and Dodge puts it into the Ram 1500.
I think you hit the nail on the head! :tu: :tu:
:D

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
The GM guys got pretty stressed when they heard there was no 6-speed tranny coming in 2008. lol Some even commented on switching to Toyota!

Looks like no 6 speed for 2008 trucks (2008 ordering guides up) - GMInsideNews Forums

That's funny!! Nice post.

"Oh noooo!! They're not going to have a supercharged Cobalt SS?!?!"

"the sky is falling the sky is falling!!!"

Cobalt SS/supercharged SS = joke

Granted I may be biased towards its older, more established, and more powerful brother:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
The GM guys got pretty stressed when they heard there was no 6-speed tranny coming in 2008. lol Some even commented on switching to Toyota!

Looks like no 6 speed for 2008 trucks (2008 ordering guides up) - GMInsideNews Forums

The responses some of those people put on there sure crack me up. Talk about blindly in love with their beloved GMs. I do feel rather sorry for those folks though because the powertrain of my tundra was the NO.1 reason for buying it over a silverado (I had a Z-71 before my tundra) so I"m sure they're worried that for the next year there's going to be some more people like me who are buying tundras over the silverados just for that reason. Yeah there were some things I liked better on the silverado I test drove but they were'nt great enough to change my mind. I just couldn't get myself to buy a truck (silverado) that in my opinion had a powertrain that wasn't any better than my 8 year old silverado.

And those who are trying to say that the powertrain is not a big thing are sadly mistaken.....it IS a big thing to everyone out there even if you're not willing to admit it.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I noticed that trolundra basically single handedly shut down this post on the GM forums.:tu:
hehe, poor TrollUNDRA got banned for that as well! :td:

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
According to consumerguide.com, it looks like Toyota was first to come out with a 5sp auto for a 1/2 ton pickup.
My '04 Nissan Titan has the 5sp auto....wasn't that the first in a 1/2 ton?

It's probably the only good thing about the truck...IMO

·
Registered
416 Posts
If true, it's definitely negative news. It would have made a difference to me when I was looking. It may not have completely changed my mind on the Tundra, but it would have made a difference. Also, I was concerned that after I got a Tundra, they (GM) would introduce a 6-speed as a mid-year (2007) option.

I'm stll happy I orded a Tundra, but even more glad I didn't wait to see if a 6-speed was coming up in the Sierra. The excuse of "we just can't make enough of them" seems pretty lame, considering GM's manufacturing depth.

It seems a little more of "that'll do for now", and like others have said, they'll come around when "everyone else" has something similar.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts