Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I recently got my truck into some water crossing a flooded road. It’s a 2007 5.7 and I tried to go quickly (huge mistake) thru a deeper section and it got shallower afterwards. Well it died but had enough momentum to roll another few feet to the shallower part. I couldn’t start it I checked and it looked like the fender guards inside the wheel well actually popped loose and water went in to the intake I took the intake apart it had water in it I drained it. I was able to get it started but sounded rough I got it out of the water and it dies after idling really rough. At first I was scared I blew the motor but I checked spark plugs and coil packs all dry. I got a mechanic to take a look at and he said I had no compression in the back passenger side cylinder. I think I just flooded it with fuel and there could be something going on with the fuel injection. They said it’s better to buy a new motor otherwise they’d have to take both heads off to replace a rod or piston.what do you guys think is there anything I can do before I decide the big girl gets a new motor?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure how you correlate ‘flooding’ fuel with an immediate issue driving through water and no compression. You’re grabbing at straws hoping for some nonsense miracle coincidence and that shows a complete lack of understanding on how modern engines work.

Is it making noise? You probably bent the shit out of your valves which would explain the no compression.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I’m trying to figure out what it is, either a valve is fucked or a rod or I washed down the cylinder with fuel or a coil pack got wet but your critical dissection of my question seems assanine at best. Rather than try to help, criticizing and belittling me just to rip on people’s bad luck seems the opposite purpose of an online help forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My point remains. A wet coil pack or cylinder wash also has nothing to do with no compression. If you have "no" compression you need a new motor or a rebuild.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Also, if it was a rod you'd hear horrible noises. It's probably valves. Either way, you're looking at way more money to rebuild vs. replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts