Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the serpentine belt of my wifes 05 Sequoia and when done the truck would not crank, no clicking sound from the starter relay but all dash lights are working. I tought it was the alarm system because my wife told me it happened to her before and she just tried arming and disarming the truck, started after the third try. I check the fuses and relays in the engine bay and the driver side kick panel and all were working. I was able to turn the engine when I trip the starter relay but car would not start so contact from relay to starter is good and starter is also good. I then bypass the alarm system starter kill relay and still no click and to crank. While at the alarm starter relay I was able to check that 12 volts is being sent from the ignition key when turned to start. This is where I stoped trying to figure out the problem the black wire from the ignition key goes behind the steering column with the rest of the ignition wires and it was sending a 12 volt signal but it was not reaching the starter relay. Also tried replacing the battery for what its worth.I have been loosing hair trying to figure this out can someout help.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia 4x4 Limited
472 Posts
You said power from the ignition switch reaches the alarm control unit, but subsequently power from the alarm unit to the starter relay is not existent. You also stated that once you engage the starter relay manually, the engine cranks but won't run.

Since your wife noticed the issue prior to you changing the serpentine belt, it appears that the serpentine belt change has nothing to do with the new situation.

I agree with pkt1213 that it sounds like a problem caused by the anti-theft system.

You could try inserting the key into any of the doors to lock/unlock it instead of using the key fob remote. The security control module may used different logic when the vehicle is unlocked manually using the key instead of being remotely triggered by the fob.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts