Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went down to the muffler man yesterday and he tells me there is no TD exhaust for a 2010 from the cat back and that we would have to just put new muffler on and then run custom pipes

anyone heard of this? i see you guys having all sorts of exhaust so jw

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yup. the 2010 changed just enough..its been discussed before. a search would show that. just hang on a bit and im sure TRD will make the appropriate changes soon enough. that is if you must have the TRD stuff. any good muffler/exhaust place can build you what you want for a fraction of a bolt on cat back kit and its not like you are going to realize any significant enough gains or anything anyway other than just being louder.

·
Registered
860 Posts
It's quite obvious that Toyota went to great lengths to maximize efficiency and power out of the 5.7 in order to one-up the competition (which they did in a big way in 2007), so I think anyone is going to be hard pressed to add much more power with a couple of aftermarket bolt-ons. This isn't a 1978 Chevy big block that was choked to death with air pollution control devices.

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
It's quite obvious that Toyota went to great lengths to maximize efficiency and power out of the 5.7 in order to one-up the competition (which they did in a big way in 2007), so I think anyone is going to be hard pressed to add much more power with a couple of aftermarket bolt-ons. This isn't a 1978 Chevy big block that was choked to death with air pollution control devices.
True statement. If you are looking for added performance with a new exhaust system, save your money. Exhaust mods are for sound ONLY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts