Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2004 tundra wt 3.4 cranks but no start. I’ve changed crank sensor camshaft position sensor wt no luck. If you unhook battery for awhile and hook it back up the first time you try to crank it it will fire and try to crank then no fire has no security light on dash or no key fob can anyone tell me why it stops firing

·
Registered
2005 Tundra, SR5, Access Cab, V6, Automatic, 2WD
26 Posts
I have 2004 tundra wt 3.4 cranks but no start. I’ve changed crank sensor camshaft position sensor wt no luck. If you unhook battery for awhile and hook it back up the first time you try to crank it it will fire and try to crank then no fire has no security light on dash or no key fob can anyone tell me why it stops firing
You should probably start your troubleshooting with a visual inspection and by pulling trouble codes. Some auto parts stores will pull the codes for you.

Later, as you troubleshoot the system, you might find Toyota's Tech Info useful. You can get 3 days access for $30, if I recall correctly. You will have access to Toyota service repair manuals and wiring diagrams. The service manual will tell you the steps to troubleshot the system.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Did it just stop running or is this a new project for you? Does it have a factory alarm or an aftermarket alarm is the question. I guess you could pull a plug wire and see if it has spark. I would start simple and go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts