Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing a harware cloth grill insert today when it dawned on me there was no underhood light. Did I just have something turned off, or is there really no light under the hood of my SR5?

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Nope, no light. Better strike a match and throw it in the gas tank.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Nope, no light. Didn't think of it until you mentioned it. I guess they figured it's not supposed to break...at least not at night. There are no side panel mouldings either to help prevent door bangers. Does have BIG cupholders though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah i noticed that the other day. I bought this truck for 30,000 and no light under the hood? Thats it i am taking it back:)

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I don't think there is a light in the glove box either.
Ford has been quietly deleting things like this too, my F250 that I traded had similar things missing, glove box, door kick panel light missing from 04- to 05 models, etc.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
My Dad mentioned the no light under the hood (he's a Chevy guy). I told him that with a Toyota, you shouldn't have to be under the hood in the middle of the night...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I also noticed that there is no insulation on the under side of the hood itself. Unless mine is missing it.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I also noticed that there is no insulation on the under side of the hood itself. Unless mine is missing it.
Mine doesn't have any insulation either. Then again, I haven't really seen insulation on the undersides of hoods is a long time (at least on my past Toyotas).

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm glad that there's not a bunch of stupid extra lights on these trucks. Seems like more stuff to go wrong and run down the battery. Daytime running lights, glove box lights, door lights, dome lights, cargo bed lights, ignition switch lights, etc. Down in Baja, there's always somebody with a chevy that needs a jump start because of some light that didn't go off and ran down their battery. Keep it simple - it's a truck.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have never seen a toyota with a light under the hood. nor any foreign car that i can recall.

lol i figure cause they dont break down. :tu:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Down in Baja, there's always somebody with a chevy that needs a jump start because of some light that didn't go off and ran down their battery. Keep it simple - it's a truck.
They must be old ones then. Even my 01 shut down all things that could drain your battery after approx 25 minutes of no activity in the truck. My new Tundra has a similar feature.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I was installing a harware cloth grill insert today when it dawned on me there was no underhood light. Did I just have something turned off, or is there really no light under the hood of my SR5?
I guess they think all we need is a BUD Lite and a good women with this truck.:devil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts