Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My silver dash is no longer silver and has been replaced with Toyota's Magnetic Gray Metallic paint. I started with the window switch plates first and they looked great. So I moved on and did the silver dash part also.

Enjoy the pics:D

with flash(to bring out the Metallic in the paint)

and with out flash:

and the switch plates:

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
That looks pretty good! Good job.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Not bad bro!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
That does look good! I wish I understood why Toyota has that silver... honestly, they should add a darker dash, and the optitron gauges as options. I bet they'd sell a bunch of them.

-Garth

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Looks pretty good!

I actually miss the silver dash from my 2007 and 2008...my 2010 gray dash just doesn't make any sense. Silver handles and HVAC controls are still there? Stupid.

·
Registered
627 Posts
That's why I said to add it as an option, I'm sure some people like it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice. That silver scratches way too easily. You'd think they could have put an extra coat of paint on it. Did you take that piece off or tape it off somehow?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Looks pretty good!

I actually miss the silver dash from my 2007 and 2008...my 2010 gray dash just doesn't make any sense. Silver handles and HVAC controls are still there? Stupid.
at least the gray is better than the fake wood....:)

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
That looks really good.

I take it you bought the paint and sprayed it with your own equipment?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
It looks good!!! I've got nothing against the silver but I just don't like it as much as some other options but I like what you did!!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great! Do you have a paint Number for the paint you used?
That color code from toyota is 1G3

How did you take off the switch plates?
The buttons are just clipped in. When you push the clip you can pull the button out from the front of the panel. I also disconnected the wire plugs 1st. The a/c vents have 2 clips onn each side so they can be removed also.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Wow i never new i was a messy kid when i took all my parts off i was surprised all the crumbs dirt and sand of course from pismo was in all these parts lol

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts