Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 2008 Tundra 5.7 in on a new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Thanx TS for all the support.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worked at a Toyota dealership when I bought the tundra. When that thing first came out, I had to have it. The Tundra 5.7 is no doubt a bad *** machine!! I now work at a dealer that has Kia, Suzuki, Chyrsler, Dodge, Jeep, and GMC. One of my Co-workers bought a Jeep wrangler and it game me the "new car fever". I went to look at the jeeps and we only had 1 rubicon on the lot. It was an old age unit, so when I let em know I was interested, they made me an offer I could not refuse. Will miss my Tundra, wish I could afford to have kept the Tundra and still buy the Jeep.

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
Why? He obviously wants to have a good vehicle to wheel... Everyone here might think the tundra is the end all vehicle in every circumstance, but sorry, the rubicon will spank the tundra off road... congrats on the purchase...

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
I am not fond of Chrysler products, but I do like the Wranglers and I was considering one before I bought my Tundra. Good luck and enjoy that thing!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Why? He obviously wants to have a good vehicle to wheel... Everyone here might think the tundra is the end all vehicle in every circumstance, but sorry, the rubicon will spank the tundra off road... congrats on the purchase...
so true,i cant fit on half the trails the FJs and 4runners go on.

·
Registered
860 Posts
No need to read tone into my reply. I was just curious as to why the switch. I would think most people buy a truck because they NEED a truck. If you don't NEED a truck, there's not much point in buying one. An SUV or a Jeep will serve every other purpose without a big empty bed in the back.

·
Registered
293 Posts
natural light "SCREW YOU" for trading in your Tundra, just kidding! Enjoy!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey natural light, my wife has a 2009 Rubicon and it is a fun vehicle. Now you'll have to go over to www.jk-forum.com and hang with another good group of guys. We've had the Rubi for a little over a year now. It had to go into the shop at about 5,000 miles for a front passenger side axle seal.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I like your thinking (with opposing view, but yet bias on the tundra) very few have this mind set. Its like the sticking gas peddle situation..alot of toyota lovers cant imagine a sticky gas peddle though it has happned, but still ignore and still say, "its a toyota it cant go no wrong"...agree the rubicon will spank the tundras butt in off roading....some still say the tundar is the most complete vehicle for off road, rock crawling alas rock warrior edition, best work truck, never breaks down, etc...

·
Registered
157 Posts
should have bought a Kia instead of a Jeep for better reliability and softer ride.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i think its silly to make a blanket statement like "if u dont need at truck, dont get one". i could do anything and everything ive done with ours, with any SUV out there. but its a truck and i wanted it. heck its a 4 door sedan with a huge asss trunk under the tonneau cover. alot cheaper than a comparable sized SUV too. so no, u dont have to need a truck to own one...just nice to have one. tons of trucks never get used as trucks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i test drove one of these (rubicon unlimited) on a construction site, handled the 2 foot drops like they weren't even there... check out cop4x4

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would think most people buy a truck because they NEED a truck. If you don't NEED a truck, there's not much point in buying one.

Exactly! Kind of hard to carry that ATV or a sheet of plywood in the back of your Jeep! Or tow a 6000 pound boat!

I can't imagine why someone would buy a truck if they didn't actually need a truck.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
i think its silly to make a blanket statement like "if u dont need at truck, dont get one". i could do anything and everything ive done with ours, with any SUV out there. but its a truck and i wanted it. heck its a 4 door sedan with a huge asss trunk under the tonneau cover. alot cheaper than a comparable sized SUV too. so no, u dont have to need a truck to own one...just nice to have one. tons of trucks never get used as trucks.
Don't get all bent out of shape. If someone is using a good deal of the bed's capacity on a frequent basis, that "counts" as using it as a truck. ;) I didn't mean that you had to haul lumber or sheetrock around...

Personally I would not use a crew cab truck as an alternative for an SUV simply because I don't think it's an effective vehicle if you're carting babies or clients around. I think throwing a laptop bag or diaper bag in the back of an SUV is simply easier than trying to convert your bed into a trunk with ease of accessibility.

Based on my experience of owning both vehicles, their respective layouts are just better suited for different needs. If I'm paying for something, I want it to be exactly what I need - the right tool for the right job. I've found that a large SUV can do alot of what a crew cab can and vice versa, but they still have their strengths and weaknesses depending on application.

Your results may vary :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My wifes z71 tahoe will become our primary towing vehicle, and my 5x8 utility trailer should do just fine acting as my "truck bed" when behind the jeep.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts