Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 2 tundras, A 2002 and a 2005 and 6 other brand new toyotas have traded in for a family car. Since I have a baby on the way my 2005 AC was not going to work with a car seat. With gas prices so high and toyota prices high I just traded in the tundra for an 2007 Saturn Vue. Its been a fun ride but now its time to be practical. Thanks for the advice and great times. Maybe some day I will be back with a toyota but it will be at least 3 years. Thanks again, Cory

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Good luck with the Saturn Cory. Dont worry, 3 years will go by quick and they might have a new model by then too.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Good luck with the Saturn. Did you get the V6? The 3.5 V6 is made by Honda. It's a fantastic motor.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Good luck with the Saturn. Did you get the V6? The 3.5 V6 is made by Honda. It's a fantastic motor.
Same as in the Accord (VTEC)? I had an 05 Accord EXL and that thing was FAST. Honda V6 sure puts out alot more than a Ford or Chevy V6.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Same as in the Accord (VTEC)? I had an 05 Accord EXL and that thing was FAST. Honda V6 sure puts out alot more than a Ford or Chevy V6.
I need to refresh my Honda tech but I believe the 05 Accord V6 is the J30A4 (3.0-liter). The Saturn VUE V6 uses a version of the J35 (3.5-liter) that are used in the Honda Ridgeline/Pilot/Odyssey lineup. Both are great motors, very snappy in acceleration and reliable.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Since I have a baby on the way my 2005 AC was not going to work with a car seat.
Thats funny. When I had a baby on the way I had to sell my 2000 Firebird Formula for a "family car". That ended up being an 06 AC Tundra. I figured the back seat of the access cab will be plenty of room for a kid up to the age of 6 or 7. The car seat fit well in it too. It's not the primary family car though, that would be the wife's 4Runner.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Good luck with the Saturn. I am buying a Tundra CrewMax 4x4 because I have a second child on the way. No "family" cars for me. I traded in a 99 Tacoma PreRunner for an 05 Camry XLE in 2005. Had the Camry for 15 months and felt "old" so I traded that for an 06 Tacoma Double Cab. Now with the second in the oven, I had to get the Tundra.

·
Registered
79 Posts
3 weeks after I bought my Tundra DC we find out we've got second baby on the way. Current car seat fits in okay, but had I know I'd have waited for the CrewMax too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts