Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After replacing the battery on my 2005 Toyota Tundra (DC 4x4 V8) I have no power to my after market in-dash navigation/radio. I first checked the fuses that I thought may be part of the radio's electric system and after finding non of them to have been blown I went through all the fuses, both under dash and in the engine compartment, and didn't see any that were bad. I've read in some other threads it's tied to a 15 amp fuse labeled ACC but I don't seem to have that fuse with my make and model. Any other ideas of how to troubleshoot this without taking it to the loathed stereo shop? Could it have something to do with a relay? Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
There is normally an in-line fuse on the NAV unit's (or any other after-market head unit) 12v power wire. Pull the HU out of the dash and look for that fuse on the red wire.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would pull the dash quick and put a test light to both the yellow and red wires. The Yellow wire is the one that should have an inline fuse unless the fuse is built into the chassis of the unit.

Yellow-Constant from battery
Red-Ignition (turns on with key)

That or try hitting the reset button the unit, typically a small pin hole button on the face of the unit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
To pull the dash tilt the vents next to the radio toward the headliner, there is a screw at the top of each. Then pull the climate control knobs off and there are 3 screws, 1 behind each. Then use a small pry tool around the edge (butter knife works if you have nothing else). This will release the whole bezel and then you can get at the radio bolts which are 10mm?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts